Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you probably already know, a common RSX problem is water seeping through in the spare tire area of your trunk. (Caused by not changing your taillight gaskets). I only found out the solution recently and I am very concerned because the way my trunk is setup I don’t know how I’m going to drain the water. The way my trunk setup prevents me from just going to the bottom of the trunk and getting a mop or something, and I don’t want to take apart the setup that I paid money for. Someone suggested I should drill a hole under the car but I swear that’s where the gas tank is located? Please let me know if you have any solutions because I’m afraid the water is gunna eventually start damaging the wires for my speakers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
gas tank is located beneath the back seat, but I wouldn't drill a hole in the floor of the trunk anyways. just take everything out and put it back in after you've dried everything and replaced your gaskets. I understand not wanting to remove the subs and boxes as i'm sure it's a hassle, but it's better to full ass things than it is to half ass things.

super sick setup by the way

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Get a towel and keep going until it can be air dried, leave out the tire and all the stuff, new gasket, done.

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
killer sound system setup my man. Super clean

I personally have just drilled down and then used plugs to plug the holes.
Then replace your taillight gaskets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts