Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car already had a jrsc when I got it. it has 440 injectors a cold air kit ,2in headers and 3in exhaust with no cat. It seems to run grate but the check engine light wont stop. I got the code checked was told it was the rear 02 senser so I re placed both of them and no change. Then I was told that sence there no cat I need spacer for the rear 02 bung. Did that, no change. SO I don,t know what has ben done to the ecu but I assume something was because there is a usb cabel comeing out of it. So my question is duse that mean I have kpro and if so can use it with any lap top or do I need a program to make changes to the ecu. And is there a way to program it to run with out a cat and not set off the check engine light. Or do I just need to put in a cat?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I can tune it for you and eliminate that cel in the process

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did some more research and talked to a guy at a Honda dealer and I'm convinced that the ecu is tuned. Because with the superchager running 9 pounds and all the other mods it runs like a top and still gets about 27 m.p.g.. Allso my rev limiter doesn't hit till 7800 r.p.m.. So I think I will try putting in a cat. That way the back of my car will stop getting covered in sut and from what I have heard my exhaust may be to big so the extra back pressure won't be a bad thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You should just be able to turn off the check engine light with kpro if your car already has it, which seems like a safe bet considering the supercharger.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Putting a cat on will not solve your problem. That will screw up the entire tune. You are correct to think you have kpro, the car wouldnt operate at all with those modifications on a stock ecu. Your cel can be eliminated through a simple step in the parameters.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Send me a private message to facebook.com/tktuned

1 - 8 of 8 Posts