Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 acura rsx type-s. I just got a skunk2 76mm exhaust system and dc race headers. The exhaust flange is a 2 bolt flange and the headers are a 3 bolt flange. I got the parts from nopi and they are trying to help. So do does any one know if there is a adapter i can get or what?

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
tell them to get you the right exhaust then... What part number did you get? It is suppose to be a 3 bolt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill look and let you know thanks

·
MECP Installer
496 Posts
Make them give you the right part. You shouldn't have to adapt anything because of their fuckup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do they make a 3 flange set up ? Most of the skunk2 exhaust 76mm i see only have a 2 flange set up .this is the part# 413056005

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this sucks. nopi has called me back with a update they said they are working on it.

·
MECP Installer
496 Posts
If you're stuck with it, just have a shop cut off the flange and weld a 3-bolt one on. If you can return it, though, definitely do that.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
You should have done your research before buying that cat-back system. The Skunk2 76mm is a turbo exhaust which is why it has a 2 bolt flange because most people use a downpipe to bolt to it. The Skunk2 60 & 70mm cat-back are both 3 bolt flanges.

·
Registered
299 Posts
You should have done your research before buying that cat-back system. The Skunk2 76mm is a turbo exhaust which is why it has a 2 bolt flange because most people use a downpipe to bolt to it. The Skunk2 60 & 70mm cat-back are both 3 bolt flanges.
I bought the HKS "turbo" Hi-Power and it's a 3 bolt.

·
The CRSX Philosopher
3,796 Posts
Skunk2 76mm is a 2 bolt catback, because it is designed for 2 bolt turbo down pipes. It is specifically stated in the CRSX store that is has a 2 bolt and not a 3 bolt.

Your HKS is not a 76mm/3". it's a 70mm/2.75"

EDIT - You will have to customize one or the other. To my knowledge no off the shelf header is a 2 bolt for our cars. I personally had a PLM header customized to fit a 76mm skunk2. Sold that shit pretty quick and bought a PLM and greddy Ti-C 70mm. Skunk2 exhaust sounded like garbage.

·
The CRSX Philosopher
3,796 Posts
http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/SK2-413-05-6005.html

**Does NOT bolt up directly to catalytic converter, uses a 2-bolt flange**

Skunk2 is pleased to announce our all new line of 76mm (3 inch) Mega Power R exhaust systems. Skunk2 Mega Power R exhaust systems are based off of the exhaust systems we custom build for our road race and time attack cars. These systems are designed for highly modified naturally aspirated or turbocharged applications that require more exhaust flow than what is achievable with the our standard 60mm Mega Power and 70mm Mega Power R exhaust systems. Dyno-proven for maximum horsepower, Skunk2 Racing Mega Power R cat-back systems are constructed from T-304 stainless steel, are robotically TIG welded, and feature CNC mandrel bending which allows the tubing to maintain a constant diameter throughout. Each system is designed with oversized tubing and mufflers to achieve the additional flow that is required for high horsepower vehicles. A Skunk2 removable silencer and all necessary hardware are also included.

•Ideal for Highly Modified NA and Turbocharged Vehicles

•Optimized Free-Flow Design

•Super Low Restriction Oversized Muffler

•True 3" exhaust, does not bolt up to stock catalytic converter

•Robotically TIG Welded

•T-304 Stainless Steel

•Precision CNC Mandrel Bent

•Includes Removable Silencer

·
Registered
299 Posts
Skunk2 76mm is a 2 bolt catback, because it is designed for 2 bolt turbo down pipes. It is specifically stated in the CRSX store that is has a 2 bolt and not a 3 bolt.

Your HKS is not a 76mm/3". it's a 70mm/2.75"

EDIT - You will have to customize one or the other. To my knowledge no off the shelf header is a 2 bolt for our cars. I personally had a PLM header customized to fit a 76mm skunk2. Sold that shit pretty quick and bought a PLM and greddy Ti-C 70mm. Skunk2 exhaust sounded like garbage.
I get it now!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank for all the help i could have went with a 70mm but why? go big or go home. i got everything done had to get a adapter made at the muffler shop all is good...sounds sick i got my first ticket the next day...dont care its sick...so now i have the 76mm skunk2 cat back and dc race headers compation clutch stage 4 with the 8lb flywheel.. next is k-pro..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts