Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

door getting caught on plastic fender piece when opening!

838 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  desertdc5 
#1 ·
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. Almost every time i open my cars driver door, the door catches on this piece of plastic that is coming out of the backside of the fender. It makes an incredibly loud pop and i don’t know how to fix it. I have a couple photos to show the piece, and how it’s getting caught!

See less See more
#2 ·
There is a tab on the bottom and top of the back of your fender that goes in a slot opening to that plastic piece and it must have come out the bottom. You can remove your fender and put the tabs back in and put a retainer clip in to hold it as the tabs and slot openings have a hole in them. That plastic piece is there to keep water from coming into your doors

#3 ·
Thank you so much. I looked at the piece, realized i’m missing both of the tabs that hold in so it wasn’t in the right place and bent the plastic. gonna have to bend the plastic back in place, bc it must’ve been a problem for a while, bc it completely bent almost half of it in between the door and fender. But again, thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.