Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m having an issue where when I open my door it hits the fender and has pushed it in. This happened randomly, I was going about my day and when I go to get in my car all you hear is the metal fender being smashed in. I’ve never experienced this and I have no idea what’s causing it
38A50A2B-5B2A-4EBD-82DD-CD54F13CE695.jpeg
4477EC62-3977-41DC-BD4D-A93F40BDB62E.jpeg
38A50A2B-5B2A-4EBD-82DD-CD54F13CE695.jpeg
4477EC62-3977-41DC-BD4D-A93F40BDB62E.jpeg
19E85169-9C4F-425B-AD8D-119EA56BE6C1.jpeg

·
Registered
2002 Acura RSX Base
10 Posts
same thing is going on with my car. doesn’t have the gap, but the plastic from inside of the door frame gets caught when i open the driver side door, and makes a really loud popping sound from the door pulling the plastic, then hitting the fender. I don’t know how to fix it either, but maybe removing one of the pieces that the door might grab onto could fix it, and stop it from hitting the fender. Could also be a hinge on your door came loose, and isn't sitting right, so it’s grabbing your fender when it closes, and dislodges itself when you open it.

·
Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
654 Posts
I wonder if it's because you're way too low so when you turn it slowly knock your fender out of alignment with the door. Look at how much gap there is between the fender and door when you pull that dent out. It should be easy since you have no fender liner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if it's because you're way too low so when you turn it slowly knock your fender out of alignment with the door. Look at how much gap there is between the fender and door when you pull that dent out. It should be easy since you have no fender liner.
I’ll check to see if that’s the issue, I really don’t rub a lot unless it’s a really tall speed bump. I’m thinking about removing the fender and try to fix the fitment

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,239 Posts
if there are no other apparent causes then it's likely that the car is starting to sag in the middle from old age.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do I fix the sag? From my understanding the door is bolted on so do I just need to re tighten something or replace anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts