Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i did my friend a favor last nite by giving jumping her car since the old piece of junk wouldnt start. when i got home last nite, i tried to turn on the alarm but the damn thing wouldnt arm. sooo what do guys think the problem may be? could jumping the other car have caused a problem in mine? all the other power locks work except for the driver side, so i dont got a clue wat the problem is.

thanks for the help in advance.

·
Lurker
34,690 Posts
well i did my friend a favor last nite by giving jumping her car since the old piece of junk wouldnt start. when i got home last nite, i tried to turn on the alarm but the damn thing wouldnt arm. sooo what do guys think the problem may be? could jumping the other car have caused a problem in mine? all the other power locks work except for the driver side, so i dont got a clue wat the problem is.

thanks for the help in advance.
Well for your door lock I would assume its the door actuator. I don't know why it would stop working though after you jumped your friend's car:confused:

Reactions: quevaj

·
Lurker
34,690 Posts
got a clue how much these things cost and how much it is for the labor?
The actuator was $54.72. I don't know about the labor, they didn't include that on my reciept... it was covered under my warranty at the time. Sorry im not much help!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Probably at Acura... its a little over double what you said it would be so I'm assuming thats where...

If you could go get a 12 pack at the store for $12, Acura would put an 'A' on it and charge you $24 cause it would "....Make you drunker" :laughing:

·
7,611 Posts
72155-S5P-A11 ACTUATOR ASSY., L. FR. DOOR LOCK 2002 RSX 23.95 19.16 Qty

OIC - he had his done at dealer under warranty - I thought they didn't list part prices on warranty receipts?!

TS - search for DIY - there's a good one written up here somewhere.....I don't remember all the finer points. Takes some patience and care to not break some of the smaller parts connected to actuator.

Watch out for sharp sheet metal too!

·
canonberry crew holla
22,632 Posts
could it possibly be a fuse?
my fuse went, but when it did, all my door locks didnt work (driver, passenger, hatch). the alarm would arm, but the doors wouldnt lock/unlock. so i don't think thats what happened to yours.

its most probably your door actuator like everyone said. my driver's side door started doing that too, but it was only because of the cold weather.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts