Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
321 - 340 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
i was able to change it without removing the gold rod. I removed the silver rod, the window track, and pretty much everything else in the way to be able to pull actuator just far enough to unscrew the cover. It was harder to remove the actuator without seeing the inner side of the actuator but it can be done. I couldnt get the gold rod off and I didnt want to risk breaking anything. Took me about an hour to replace it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tried to change the acutator but the 3 screws on the door jam are very tough to remove..I tried my Dewalt drill, tried wd40 and even torched it but it dosent budge???i dont want to strip the screws and have a problem..

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I tried to change the acutator but the 3 screws on the door jam are very tough to remove..I tried my Dewalt drill, tried wd40 and even torched it but it dosent budge???i dont want to strip the screws and have a problem..
are you pushing in the screwdriver hard while twisting?:drink:

·
Registered
274 Posts
yea pretty much..my next option is to try an impact screw driver
make sure your screw driver fits PERFECTLY in the screw or you will risk stripping.

i have a basic tool kit and i matched a screw driver head with the screw. Then i used an 1/4 ratchet with a 6 or 7mm head with the screw driver head in that. therefore i had enough torque and used the perfectly sized screwdriver without the risk of stripping.

·
Master Member Modulator
5,227 Posts
Another thing to try is to get a pair of channel locks/vice grips. Clamp that sucker onto the shaft of a good screwdriver that fits the screw heads well and use it to turn while pushing hard on the back of the screwdriver. This won't always work, but sometimes it does and this is how I got those screws out on mine.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well i just did this to my driver side, went really quick as I already did the Passenger side last year. Unfortunately after having to redo everything multiple times because the replacement actuator didnt work I found out that the little spring that the actuator turns against was sort of sprung out of place a bit. I though I might need an entire new assembly. After fiddling with it I was able to get everything work properly again, I had to sort of reset everything mechanically so that all sequences correctly. However I snapped the white clip that holds the silver rod in place at the door lock cylinder. So now I can't lock unlock the driver door with my key as the Rod will not stick in place. Power locks work though. So its not a total loss.

Anyone know what I am supposed to order to remedy that broke white clip? I might try to get some really tight rubberbands to fit over the rod and the bracket to hold in place. Or I might just sell the damn car soon. But i think the process to get to this point is so super easy, no problems getting the door panels off to fix this so I'd like to find a solution. Do I need to replace the part that the brown cable runs into?

·
Registered
23 Posts
door actuator

quick question how ws it actually replacing the actuator as in removing it from the locking mechanism and reinstaling the new part am i gonna open the lock mechanism and have springs shoot out at me lol .

·
Registered
24 Posts
quick question how ws it actually replacing the actuator as in removing it from the locking mechanism and reinstaling the new part am i gonna open the lock mechanism and have springs shoot out at me lol .
lol nope, no springs in there. the worst part was just getting the rods off while trying not to break the plastic clips. mine took a few mins to get off and didnt break - just be patient. did you check out the pics throughout this post?

·
Registered
23 Posts
ID JUST LIKE TO SAY THIS FOR EVERYONE :firemad: FUCK DOOR ACTUATORS ACURA SHOULD HAVE AMDE THESE A RECALL :thumbsdow ACURA FOR THIS SIMPLE LITTLE THING THAT FUCKS WITH OUR HEADS

321 - 340 of 365 Posts