Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 365 Posts

·
Hung
805 Posts
gj on write-up, my friend needs to do this pretty bad he control locks his car, then manually locks his driver door for like a month now. lmfao.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I did it for about two or so before i just got tired of doing it. .
It really is not that bad of a job. . just be patient. . don't break the plastic tabs and lose any screws. :)

·
bye RSX, hello TSX
1,348 Posts
Just a heads up, passenger side actuator is now priced the same as driver side. I purchased both brand new for 32.xx a piece. A few months ago it was priced higher so im glad i didnt buy it at the time.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That is good to know. . at my dealership it was priced $54.00 not including tax. . .
Next time i need one. . i will be contacting you guy's that have found them cheaper. .

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
That is the only way i can think of doin it. .Hmm. . .let me see if i can take a pic tomorrow. . it is pitch black out right now. .

·
Acura
870 Posts
i did all the steps but the problem for me is i cant get the whole panel off, is there a trick to get the whole panel off the door? i removed all the screws and plugs as needed. do u just yank the panel off or something?

·
Everyday im shufflin'
2,889 Posts
pics didnt work... but i ended up figuring this out the other day.. pretty basic... gotta love the working locks lol.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
i did all the steps but the problem for me is i cant get the whole panel off, is there a trick to get the whole panel off the door? i removed all the screws and plugs as needed. do u just yank the panel off or something?
Yea. . . yank it off as long as you have all the screws and things off. .
nothing worse than yanking on a door that is still fastened to the car. . :thumbsup:

·
Everyday im shufflin'
2,889 Posts

after you unbolt the screws in the door handle area...

pull door panels from sides and bottom to pop out the clips then lift the panel upward to remove it.

·
college FB is almost here
34 Posts
great write-up, i fixed my drivers side in no time at all :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 365 Posts