Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
ok, I did everything without problem until I got to the gold bar you have to unclip that connects to the door handle. I took the plastic clip off, but there is like a metal nut or something like that on the other side of the rod. I tried pulling it but it's not coming off... Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
125 Posts
im having the same problem with the gold bar. Is there a special way to get it lose?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Nice + rep

·
Registered
125 Posts
I figured it out. Just needed to pry it out with a screwdriver. I broke the little part that turns and grabs onto the bar, but I reinstalled everything and it works now so I don;t know how important it is as long as the majority of the clip remains unbroken

·
Recovering WoW addict
141 Posts
Thanks for the write up I guess this is a fairly common problem my passenger side actuator stopped working and it sucks to always remember to lock that side if I take my GF somewhere.

·
Don't hate the Russian
1,395 Posts
This was pretty easy, did it today in about 30 min...

·
pain = gain
2,110 Posts
thanks I think I'm going to attempt doing this myself rather then pay $172+ tax for install from the Acura Dealer..
I'll just hunt around online on who has the best price for the actuator shipped:)

·
pain = gain
2,110 Posts
hey guys I'm in the process right now as we speak of replacing my door actuator.. I'm to the part of removing the 8 clips from the door panel.. I don't have a panel tool for this... will a flat head be ok? don't wanna fuck the stuff up.. I don't have any spare clips though so will I more then likely break the clips by doing this and be fucked trying to put it back?

thanks for a quick response hopefully..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Door Clips

I found the Acura clips to be fairly easy to deal with compared to some of the other vehicles I've worked on. I started on the upper-inside by the side-mirror and just worked my way around the bottom of the panel pulling with my hands every 6 in. or so. I wouldn't use a screwdriver for this as your likely to just scar things up. You may break a clip or two but generally that's not a big deal. Just make sure you have ALL of the screws out, the pictures at the start of this post missed one brass screw you need to remove after you take out the door handle piece.

I just got done with the project and was relieved that my key fob works again!

·
pain = gain
2,110 Posts
I went and got the proper tool the panel remover for clips tool.. I got the panel off this being first time ever and got down to the part of removing the golden rod. I couldn't for the life of me get that thing to do anything... I worked on that one piece for at least a half a hour and threw in the towel and put this shit back together again....
this fuckin bites I'm now going to have to spend a good amount of money for someone to do the install because of this BS.. that rod in my car look like it had a raised ring part around the opposite site of where it needed to come out of so there is no way I can see of how to pull it out.:confused::firemad:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got the two main screws out and the door panel all snapped off but I can't figure out the handel....I see the little piece behind the handel and i'm not sure how to get it out. Do i hold that little piece up and then pry the whole plactic section off around the handel and the window switches or what?

·
pain = gain
2,110 Posts
I got the two main screws out and the door panel all snapped off but I can't figure out the handel....I see the little piece behind the handel and i'm not sure how to get it out. Do i hold that little piece up and then pry the whole plactic section off around the handel and the window switches or what?
talking of the window controls piece?

wait nvm yes that plastic piece prys off behind the inside door handle then there are 2 screws along with a bigger one as well

I'm referring to the inside part behind the handle.. not the entire thing, should be a tap where a small flat head could go

41 - 60 of 365 Posts