Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tommrow, im prob gonna get it tinted..finally and i wanna do 15% all around and nothing on front. but for those of you who have tint, what did u do about the dot amtrix on the back window, i know u can put vinyl over it, but what else

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
vinyl is the best thing to do. Besides that, you could sand it down...and spray paint it (wouldn't suggest that), you could also just tint over it...(looks bad). I would do vinyl...that's what i had done.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
How does putting vinyl on it work? Can you just not see out of that section of the window? Does the tint go over the vinyl?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
it is a semi-tick black strip of vinyl...you can't see through it...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any pics of the vinyl or acutally painting over it?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Where are you guys putting this Vynal?

·
Stylin'
560 Posts
do vinyl. trust me. the back of the car looks so much better as a result. i got my vinyl strip at a custom car shop in my local mall (like $20), and just had the place that tinted my car put it on (for an extra like $10...really worth it). it goes on the inside, covering up just that section. don't put tint on there cause it will look like shit. you can't see through the vinyl obviously, but don't worry, it won't obstruct vision in any way as you can't even see it through the rearviewmirror when you are driving.

click here to see the pics of mine...go to the very end of the thread.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Thanks guys. I really couldn't picture how the vinyl worked. But yeah it doesn't look noticeable in those pics. And I dont want to tint over the dots. Cuz I keep hearing bad stuff by doing that.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If I have a place do it professionally, would they do the vinyl for me?

·
Registered
356 Posts
how do u make the semi-tick black strip of vinyl stick to teh rear window? do u just glue glue it on or something? thanx

·
6,981 Posts
Just got my car tinted today at the legal limit here (50-front, 35-rear 3), and they tinted right over the dot matrix portion. From some of the descriptions here, I was really worried that it would be extremely noticeable and ruin the look of the car. I can't even tell there's a problem :dontknow:. The guy who did it said he had some trouble with it, but I think it turned out really welll. Maybe it's just because I went in not expecting much, so I was pleasantly surprised. I paid 150 bucks canadian (a little under a hundred US), and it was done using metallized tint (made sure it wasn't that died crap). Anyaways, bright red looks a lot better tinted :thumbsup:.

·
Stylin'
560 Posts
If I have a place do it professionally, would they do the vinyl for me?
compilez....after you get the vinyl strip, i would HIGHLY recommend having it put on for you professionally. if you try a DIY, more times than not it will look like complete crap (just look at some of those DIY tint jobs...ick!). talk to the professional tinting places and im sure they will do it for you for a small fee. the vinyl is treated just like tint, so im sure any tint shop will put it on for you.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanks crus03.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just had my windows done and my tinter went over the dot matrix. He said he could go over the dots because he's been doing this for 14 years and knows a few tricks. He did say it was tricky but it looks good. My question to all of you is even though it looks good now will it get bad over time? And if so should I go ahead and get some vinyl? If I do get the vinyl strip can it go over the tint or do I need to cut the top strip off.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts