Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back window looks so fucking ugly, there is streaks all over the top part where the dots are. Did anyone elses tint job come out bad in this area? The tint shop said there is nothing that can be done, so I'm lookin for an alternative to fix it. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Hello?

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
my tint looks absolutely perfect in my civic.

but i also paid $200 CDN for the back 3.

Not a single complaint on the install job they did.

its' also been "on" my car for a year now

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid 160 for mine and it looks so bad I can't even bare to look at it, it makes me sick.

·
whAAAAht's happennin'
3,943 Posts
My tint job looked really bad when it first came out. After a week it looked a lot better. It's not clean, but you have to be close to it to notice that it's bad there.

I've heard that taking a heat gun/blowdryer, and a credit card (or other hard plastic) wrapped in paper towel, then go over the matrix. I haven't tried it. I'm going to wait until it gets warmer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I paid 240cdn for 5 windows, mine looks absolutely flawless. I guess you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
derek76111 said:
My tint job looked really bad when it first came out. After a week it looked a lot better. It's not clean, but you have to be close to it to notice that it's bad there.

I've heard that taking a heat gun/blowdryer, and a credit card (or other hard plastic) wrapped in paper towel, then go over the matrix. I haven't tried it. I'm going to wait until it gets warmer.
I might give that blowdryer and credit card trick a try anyone else know of some ways to get this lookin better

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
mine is perfect....they put a vinyl stip over them though......

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had my tint included as part of my car's purchase price so I don't know what it would have cost. But it turned out perfectly at the back; can't even tell those dots are there.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I read a series of posts on this board about this topic. The professional thing to do appears to be using a black vinyl strip on the dots. I have heard of people complaining of it falling off(as you mount it on the inside). Another option I have seen is actually to use a special paint mask. Apparently, it will peel off clean and leave the dots intact if you ever needed to take it off. Hope this helps.

L8R

·
Audio Forum Moderator
5,177 Posts
1000gritt sandpaper, wet it and sand the dots off. they are there to help protect the back seat passengers from sun. sand them off and then tint it.

Torinalth

G

·
I had my windows tinted a while ago and it looks great but when close to the back window you can see the bubbles in the tint because of the matrix...

Can someone elaborate a little more on this vinyl strip method..where to find it, is it pre cut, how is it mounted, any pics, bla bla bla

·
Registered
322 Posts
I got the dots tinted over on my RSX and it looks perfect. I have seen many bad tint jobs where they try to tint over it, or use the vinyl, so I was skeptical. But let me tell you, this guy did some magic and it looks F*&in perfect. It was expensive, but well worth it. THe other windows go right to the edge, Ive never seen a closer cut tint job before.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
mine are perfect....no problems so far. my last car started to peel a littled around the dots on it (SVT contour), so the tint guy just took a utility knife and trimmed off the peeling parts. no more problems. of course, there were a lot less dots than there are on the RSX hatch....but regardless, mine has no bubbling at all that i'm aware of.

paid $180 (US); formula one "millenium" tint.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had every window tinted on my RSX-S. 4 windows have dots all the way around, the windshield, 2 small windows, and the back. All of them came out perfect.

The trick is use good quality film, and have a very experienced installer.

You may pay a little more but isn't it worth it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know some professional tint places have special glue for the dots. My friend got the back of his cavalier tinted and it turned out great. The tint shop beside where i work does a good job i hear. i forget what the glue is called though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts