Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a powergetter exhaust on my 02 type s for about 3 months now and i had to make my own gasket for where cat pipe hooks to mid pipe and now im getting a leak when i go in reverse and a small leak sometimes under load. my queston is to anyone with a fujitsubo powergetter, what doughnut gasket did you use?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I didn't use a donut gasket. I used the three hole 2.5" vibrant gasket, but I saw that it was still leaking exhaust because of how they flared the end of the midpipe where it meets the header, and left the flange to free-spin to where you need to bolt it up. I ended up buying another papery three hole gasket to use with the vibrant gasket. I had to enlarge the 2.5" hole on the papery gasket to about 2 5/8" to fit around the flared end of the midpipe where the flange spins and bolts onto the header, and that sealed the exhaust up pretty well, but the papery gasket gets trashed when it gets wet, so I'm thinking about making my own gasket out of stainless steel sheet metal.

I know this probably sounds confusing but I don't know how else to write this haha. I'll try to take pictures this weekend, when I plan on doing the new gasket. But I'm also open to other easier ideas from anyone else!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Did u order the one from oriley? Thats the one i got it was like 20 bucks for shipping and all. Ill let u know how it works

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks Did u order the one from oriley? Thats the one i got it was like 20 bucks for shipping and all. Ill let u know how it works
I didn't but I might have to... Every 2.5" three hole flange around here won't fit around that stupid flared part of the pipe where the flange spins, and I keep leaking out of there. Might have to buy the O'Reilly one because the inside hole is like 2-9/16 or whatever it was

1 - 5 of 5 Posts