Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had an exhuast leak for quite sum time now. The bolts from the turbo to the manifold keep getting loose. The downpipe is hitting the subframe that is what is knocking them loose and I have a dent in my downpipe. I called cybernation they are telling me to tack weld the bolts because there is no other way. The places i have brought it too they say they dont wanna do it because it will be impossible to get it off. Locktite is not working, anybody else have similar problems? Anybody have to tack weld the bolts for their kit? i need HELP plz...

-aDDy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
titan88 said:
Maybe try some new bolts with lock a lock washer.
Yea, ive tried that one..pretty much tried almost everything...thanx for tryin 2 help ...

-addy

·
Registered
462 Posts
Type-S iz Best said:
Yea, ive tried that one..pretty much tried almost everything...thanx for tryin 2 help ...

-addy
I will take some pictures when I get to the shop on monday to show you how to tack weld the bolts. We have done it many many times and it can be removed.

The only thing I can think of as to what they are saying it they are thinking you want it completely welded together. Makes no sense to me but oh well.

Look for e-mail on Monday.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
I will take some pictures when I get to the shop on monday to show you how to tack weld the bolts. We have done it many many times and it can be removed.

The only thing I can think of as to what they are saying it they are thinking you want it completely welded together. Makes no sense to me but oh well.

Look for e-mail on Monday.

It seems like cn kits have alot of fitment issues..any comment?

·
Registered
462 Posts
RsxManJoe said:
It seems like cn kits have alot of fitment issues..any comment?
Well we do use a 3" down pipe to help build maximum power and for upgradeability. What can I say, it's a tight fit. We usually have no problems with the down pipe hitting the sub-frame. If it does, we simply adjust it and no more problem. I would say that the pipe was probably dented when the bolts came loose which is not a fitment issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm pretty posititive when its loose it does hit the subframe but i dont kno for sure if its the reason the bolts are loosening up after they have been tightened. It is also possible that when i am driving the downpipe is hitting the subframe then knocking the bolts loose. I dont kno 4 sure wat it is..it could be anything. Do u think i should try to get a new downpipe? or will that be another waste of time? i dont kno what too do im worried about tack welding the bolts on, everyone i bring it too says that should b my LAST resort...i need help PLZ. Cybernation ive been tryin too get a hold of u guys since 6pm on friday, i kno you guys busy but i need 2 talk too u..i'll try again on monday...

-addy

·
Registered
462 Posts
Type-S iz Best said:
I'm pretty posititive when its loose it does hit the subframe but i dont kno for sure if its the reason the bolts are loosening up after they have been tightened. It is also possible that when i am driving the downpipe is hitting the subframe then knocking the bolts loose. I dont kno 4 sure wat it is..it could be anything. Do u think i should try to get a new downpipe? or will that be another waste of time? i dont kno what too do im worried about tack welding the bolts on, everyone i bring it too says that should b my LAST resort...i need help PLZ. Cybernation ive been tryin too get a hold of u guys since 6pm on friday, i kno you guys busy but i need 2 talk too u..i'll try again on monday...

-addy
No you do not need a new down pipe. As for tack welding the bolts we do it all the time so I know its not a big deal. I will send you a picture so you can show it to the guy who can weld it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
No you do not need a new down pipe. As for tack welding the bolts we do it all the time so I know its not a big deal. I will send you a picture so you can show it to the guy who can weld it.

Hey Chris its Zee,
This problem is a real headache he hasnt driven the car at all almost since weve been back. If we tack weld it dont you think it would create more stress on everything and something else might break. We dont want to ghetto fix the problem but fix it right. If you really think that tack welding is the right way to do it, Id like you to call the shop where he is getting this done and really explain to them what you want done. Addy is probably going friday again so you could talk to him and set that up. Were just frustrated and confused :confused:. I know you will do the best to help us out. You guys always do.

-Zee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts