Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So wind resistance is what holds the RSX back. Have any of you that have a turbo/supercharger/hella lot of NA mods got it to go any faster?

Do we need a better gearing to get any faster than 145? I always see these things in peoples signatures like "part of the 160mph club" etc etc.

Do you think throwing on a body kit and lowering it will cut back on wind resistance? or make it worse depending on the kit?

·
some guy
51,131 Posts
well cybernations rsx has been taken to 170+. its a stage 2/3 combo

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so the more power we have pushing it the faster it will go? :dontknow:

·
Yes, thats my email.
3,212 Posts
How fast you can go is a function of three things. Horespower, weight, and drag coefficient. If you can lower the second two, or increase the first then your theoretical top speed should go up. The gearing of the rsx is such that you can go well beyond 145 with the enough power and dropped weight and wind resistance.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
skinny wheels and tires will prob help too. that'll decrease the drag by reducing the contact area :) not that you would want to try to top out with 4 skinnies on the freeway

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys ever seen those wind tunnels that they put things in and run smoke over them to see how they deflect wind? That would be sweet to see an rsx in there

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
DJ RSXS said:
You guys ever seen those wind tunnels that they put things in and run smoke over them to see how they deflect wind? That would be sweet to see an rsx in there

there ya go, courtesy mugen. one of the few who actually test their products in windtunnels. most just eyeball it.

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
t.vo408 said:

there ya go, courtesy mugen. one of the few who actually test their products in windtunnels. most just eyeball it.

Thats pretty sweet, I wonder what the veilside would look like....it's really curvy...probably bad I would guess. Although it does slant downwards. :dontknow:

Thanks for posting that though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've taken mine to around 135mph, stopping only cause of traffic. Going faster would be nice but it's only stock right now. Throw on a turbo, suspension, and a functional body kit and I'm sure it could hit 160, no prob. But at that speed radar detectors become pointless, and downforce and stopping distance become real problems. If you want to take any car past 160-170 be sure you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
well yea radar detectors are pointless by then hehe.

oh there' a cop 1mile ahead
by the time i safely slow down, i'll still be doing 120mph.
on the other hand, if i keep going 160mph, by the time he puts his car into Drive, I'll be 1/2mile away. and I'll be 3 miles away by the time he gets up to 80mph.

hehehe

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
02 DsrtSilverBase said:
i'm pretty sure all veilside products are wind-tunnel tested.

btw, i love your ghost flames.
Really...I gotta search for this I want a pic!

Thanks by the way, I'm going to update them you could say, Make them more noticable and run them into the doors.... like in the picture I attached.
They are color changing, just you can't tell by the picture, it's gotta be in direct sunlight.

Heh, I'm happy, I just raced another RSX-S and I totally ripped this kid :driving: , he must not have known how to drive. He had a passenger, but my subwoofers are the equivalent (I can't spell that word) :)

Attachments

·
Smoking a massive chooch
12,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
krystar said:

on the other hand, if i keep going 160mph, by the time he puts his car into Drive, I'll be 1/2mile away. and I'll be 3 miles away by the time he gets up to 80mph.

hehehe
heh, I'm the same way, I've blown by a cop doing 130 and just kept going before, Never got caught either! Unless it's on the highway you have a fighting chance and even then...if theres an exit coming up...it's a split second decision to go or stop. I personally can't afford any more tickets so try to get away it is, when they stop you just tell them "well officer usually when I'm going 100mph I don't look in my rearview mirror, I like to keep my eyes on the road" :spin:

Also with my old car I was racing some kid, and I honestly didn't see the cop behind me. We were racing and then he slowed down and I kept going. Eventually after like 4 mins the cop caught up to me and pulled me over, said he clocked me going 120.....and he LET ME GO. What kind of cop lets you go with a warning going 2.5 times over the speed limit.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
he let u go when u were doing 120? christ. If i was the cop i woulda slammed you on yer hood and cuffed u. so what he say "i'm gonna let u go cause u pwned that other ricer" hehe

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
DJ RSXS said:
Ok, So wind resistance is what holds the RSX back. Have any of you that have a turbo/supercharger/hella lot of NA mods got it to go any faster?

Do we need a better gearing to get any faster than 145? I always see these things in peoples signatures like "part of the 160mph club" etc etc.

Do you think throwing on a body kit and lowering it will cut back on wind resistance? or make it worse depending on the kit?
The current gearing allows the RSX to hypothetically be capable of a maximum speed of 181mph (@ 7900rpm in 6th gear based on current gears and final drive, and stock tire diameter).

Math :thumbsup:
Better aerodynamics and weight reduction will help, but the most significant changes will be made by putting in gobs of raw power :D :D

·
28,748 Posts
krystar said:

hehehe
E-Brake it and you'll stop in time:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts