Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Installation Step, Bulb Installation:

3) Drill a 23 MM. hole in the center of the OEM headlight rubber grommet

Whats this for, and isn't that kind of a large whole? Is this required for an H1 kit on an RSX OEM headlights?

Also, under Caution:

1) Some vehicles with onboard computers may experience a low beam failure indication. This is normal as HID's run on 35W as opposed to OEM 55w.

Does this happen on an RSX?

·
Mugen whore
1,592 Posts
don't follow the xd instructions. You can tell from the pics its not for the rsx. Just search and find the DIY guides other XD customers has provided on the board. thats wat i did :thumbsup:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my XD 4100K's in, and they look great. Wish I able to see a 5000K and 6000K in person to see which looked best. When I first ignite my lights they are blue, and then shortly after they heat up they are white.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
You need to take the stock headlight plug and cut out the center portion so you can slide the HID H1 bulb into it and have it fit correctly. Basically, you will be left with an X-shaped piece with a hole cut out in the middle (it sounds more complicated than it is...if you just look at it and take your time, you will see what you need to do). Also, search the boards for install instructions, as there are a few detailed threads with helpful info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts