Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
stay classy south jersey
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so when i hold the switch to make the window go up it goes about halfway, stops, goes down about 2 inches and stops. it used to do this randomly, but now its everytime.

any advise?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hopefully you'll hear me out. There was another thread on this same problem. I just had the same problem. It was fully covered under warranty. It is the run channel for your window. Also with it jamming it loosens up the two poorly glued on lower window brackets. Have them urethaned on. My window is 100% now.

·
rawr
24,782 Posts
so when i hold the switch to make the window go up it goes about halfway, stops, goes down about 2 inches and stops. it used to do this randomly, but now its everytime.

any advise?
get it looked at before it gets worse... I had to end up buying a whole new fucking window with the brackets and shit because it doesn't come seperate :(

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I actually took my car to the dealer today because I had the exact same problem as you. They fixed my driver's side window motor, and now the window goes up all the way :D

it was covered under warranty

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah deffinatly sounds like its off the tracks. simple fix though just put back on tracks (easier said than done though) or fix it for good and replace the window regulator.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get some silicon spray and spray it down the rear track (just above the door handle at the rear corner of the widow frame) with the window down. Next spray at the front track at the front corner by the side mirror.

Now close and open the window to work in the lubrication, this should work for minor window malfunctions or slow operating windows.

Clean the excess silicon off the window.

·
REP THE JGM
2,072 Posts
haha at first when that happened to me i thought it was just the cold but its coming back.. so yeah i need to go to the dealer and get it fixed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts