Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an assist here. Anyone with a manual tranny I believe. Its listed as Acura P/N 77320-S6M-A00ZA, Cover Assy., Driver(Lower) and I need to know what supports it at the firewall? There is a place on the panel, kind of a rectangular depression at the very top of the panel in the picture just to the left of the sticker if you drew a straight line up. That recess looks like it should have some sort of clip on the firewall for support. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I have nothing on the firewall to support this panel. The front is fine. Just nothing in the back. What am I missing? Thanks.
Paul
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Theres supposed to be a plastic holder on the firewall you sandwich the panel you have in between it. My car has two of those nobs that you turn though to lock it in place so it's not exactly like your panel.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I figured but I cant find a place where that part is even identified. A pic would still be great so I have a better idea what I am looking to replace. Thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are a GOD! Thank You for taking the time to do that. I know its a bit of a pain in the ass but I do appreciate it. Sincerely.
Paul

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Alonzo, I tried to save those pics to my phone but they wont for some reason. Can you email them to me "at your convenience" so I can show the folks at the Acura parts counter what I am looking for. Thanks again.
Paul
[email protected]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And its now a moot point because they (Acura dealer) use the same diagrams as on acurapartswarehouse.com., and that part is not in any of the diagrams from 02 to 06. Bummer. But I will take those pics to send to people parting out that can maybe provide one. Thanks again.
Paul

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And to end this story. I found an 06 RSX in one of our local salvage yards and pulled my part. Paid $8.00 plus a couple of gallons worth of gas. It was surprisingly larger than I thought and it literally is held in to the firewall by sliding over a post. No unscrewing or tools required. Took two minutes to install and as far as I know, this was my last missing part to my 02 Type-S. Next. Replace some degraded door molding. Special shout out to Alonzo562. Until he stepped in, I didn't even know what the part I was missing looked like. Thanks man.
Paul

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I'll be damned. I looked all over for that part! LOL. Your absolutely right. Wish you could have pointed that out sooner! It would have saved me about $15.00.
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts