Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a drive shaft loop? I was just reading through the rules of the track for island dragway, and it said this was required. What the hell is it?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
on rearwheel drive cars its a loop that goes around the driveshaft to keep it from flying off the car in case it snaps. i don't think you can put them on a FD car so i think were exempt

·
Registered
515 Posts
^^ :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
master22 said:
on rearwheel drive cars its a loop that goes around the driveshaft to keep it from flying off the car in case it snaps. i don't think you can put them on a FD car so i think were exempt
It also prevents the driveshaft end from digging into the track after it snaps and launching the vehicle. :eek:

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
exactly what i was thinking chris, i was sitting here trying to think of ways it could be used on FD cars and i came up with 0

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, I know RWD cars obviously have a long driveshaft to move power from the front mounted engines. Thanks for the help guys, I would hate to drive to the track and get turned down.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
pints99 said:
yeah, I know RWD cars obviously have a long driveshaft to move power from the front mounted engines. Thanks for the help guys, I would hate to drive to the track and get turned down.
no problem thats what we are here for :thumbsup: not everyone can't know everything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts