Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Driving a Turbo Rsx

4K views 75 replies 31 participants last post by  ryan34o 
#1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first thread. i'm very serious about adding horsepower to my car. I just wanted to hear from a few of you on the overall driving experience of a turbo charged rsx. Try to explain it as a car magazine would, describle the throttle response,the feeling of the car, comforts zones, danger zones, straight roads, curvy roads, etc...

#2 ·
To quote a great movie "buckle your seatbelts Dorothy because Kansas.... is goin bye-bye".

I think that about sums it up. :D

E-Diddy-S said:
Hey guys, this is my first thread. i'm very serious about adding horsepower to my car. I just wanted to hear from a few of you on the overall driving experience of a turbo charged rsx. Try to explain it as a car magazine would, describle the throttle response,the feeling of the car, comforts zones, danger zones, straight roads, curvy roads, etc...

#3 ·
Boost Junkie said:
To quote a great movie "buckle your seatbelts Dorothy because Kansas.... is goin bye-bye".

I think that about sums it up. :D
No, I can think of two words that sum it up a little better. Tell the children to cover their eyes....

To quote an actual driver of a CN turbo RSX.... "OH SHIT!". <---wunluv

#12 ·
kingstonrock said:
Are there any cars (stock) you could compare the drive to as a benchmark?

z28? corvette? (I wanna say lol, but I'm thinking that these examples arent to far off :nervous: )

Eric

Sure, the F-16, um space shuttle, oh oh, I know it’s like an ICBM. Is that going over the top a bit? :D

No but seriously, for the stage one, it is almost like a 600cc or 750cc motorcycle,. awesome acceleration. For Stage II's it is really hard to give an example since I have beat every single (stock) car I have raced. I guess the closest thing I can compare it to is the viper. Although I have wasted them, they do keep up thorugh half of 4th gear. After that they get pulled.

And for those in the "know" (wunluv) impala's are easy prey. :laughing:

#13 ·
Boost Junkie said:
Sure, the F-16, um space shuttle, oh oh, I know it’s like an ICBM. Is that going over the top a bit? :D

No but seriously, for the stage one, it is almost like a 600cc or 750cc motorcycle,. awesome acceleration. For Stage II's it is really hard to give an example since I have beat every single (stock) car I have raced. I guess the closest thing I can compare it to is the viper. Although I have wasted them, they do keep up thorugh half of 4th gear. After that they get pulled.

And for those in the "know" (wunluv) impala's are easy prey. :laughing:
How does stage ii feel compared to stage i? Ive had a stage i for about a month now and just wondering how much faster stage II would pull in 3rd gear.....can u use 1st and 2nd in stage II

#14 ·
RsxManJoe said:
How does stage ii feel compared to stage i? Ive had a stage i for about a month now and just wondering how much faster stage II would pull in 3rd gear.....can u use 1st and 2nd in stage II
1st gear is useless really, but that's how it was stock too. I would say 2nd gear could be used in a race from a roll like 20-30 mph. Trust me, my car starts pulling hard at the top of second, like right around 6K. I have an LSD, 224/40/18 bridgestone s03's, and koni struts to help me out. If you mod anything for your stage 2 other than what you already know you will need (clutch), get an LSD and some good tires! I would say get some decent suspension too.

On a side note: I've had people in my car that have claimed that they've been in this and that fast car. And that there's no way they would ever be scared ridng in my car. They all end up sayin the same two words... "OH SHIT!". One guy in particular was BEGGING me to stop by the end of 4th gear. It was awesome. lol It's my mission to make you poop yourself. :)

#15 ·
wunluv said:
1st gear is useless really, but that's how it was stock too. I would say 2nd gear could be used in a race from a roll like 20-30 mph. Trust me, my car starts pulling hard at the top of second, like right around 6K. I have an LSD, 224/40/18 bridgestone s03's, and koni struts to help me out. If you mod anything for your stage 2 other than what you already know you will need (clutch), get an LSD and some good tires! I would say get some decent suspension too.

On a side note: I've had people in my car that have claimed that they've been in this and that fast car. And that there's no way they would ever be scared ridng in my car. They all end up sayin the same two words... "OH SHIT!". One guy in particular was BEGGING me to stop by the end of 4th gear. It was awesome. lol It's my mission to make you poop yourself. :)

So you've actually had passengers mess their pants in your car?

#19 ·
ya mark keeps talkin all kinds of smakk on his turbo hes getin thinkn he can "smoke" me (< has an SRT-4 stage1) i was thinkn wen i get my stage 2 we will be about even but we'll see..

MARKS GANA GET PAWND!!!

ps.. mark is xxthinkxx

xxthinkxx is gana get ownd as well

#21 ·
RsxManJoe said:
Do you remember what it was like going from stock to a Stage I? Well it’s the same going from Stage I to a Stage II. You get to enjoy your car all over again. The only difference is the Stage II is practically a race car on the street. And the power is a little intimidating to most people. It’s not for everyone, but DAMN is it fun! :D

#22 ·
Boost Junkie said:
Do you remember what it was like going from stock to a Stage I? Well it’s the same going from Stage I to a Stage II. You get to enjoy your car all over again. The only difference is the Stage II is practically a race car on the street. And the power is a little intimidating to most people. It’s not for everyone, but DAMN is it fun! :D
I can't wait until Summer. Stage II Baybee!!!!!

#24 ·
<----boost fiend!!!! I can't wait for summer either, i will be building my motor (CN) and upgrading my GReddy turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.