Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Reppin' KY
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what should I expect out of this car as it compares to the RSX? I'd say its a fair assumption to say that some of you have probably gotten some co-drives in on this chassis before. So, what should I expect out of this car?

Mind you, I'm used to the understeering, sloppy turn in, but high horsepower of the RSX, as you can probably tell from my other threads.

Help me out here.

·
Reppin' KY
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its decently prepped. I think the only thing he's lacking on is his coilover setup. Its a non-adjustable set of Progress coilovers rather the typical Koni/GC combo.

The car was VERY tail happy at high speeds when my car beat it (high speed course, basically one giant slalom).

So, try to keep the car planted by not trail braking and keep on the gas in the turns?

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
I predict a lesson in spin control in your near future.

Just a few tips from what I learned driving an STS preped 89Si.

1. Do more of your braking in a straight line... I'd suggest all of it for now.
2. The car will steer more with the throttle then it will with the steering wheel once you are in the turn.
3. for slaloms, pick 1 speed and stick with it. if you "pump" the throttle... you'll upset the car and most likely spin.

Spencer, who co-drove an 98 si for half a season and spent the 1st 3 events just learning how not to spin it. I did eventually beat the owner with it a few times (by mere hundredths of a second)

·
Reppin' KY
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The owner is driving my car this weekend... boy is he in for a surprise.

I think I'm just gonna try to be as smooth as possible without pushing it too hard. Smooth in that car should win.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.