Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
8600 rpm ftw!
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night my friend and i went to pick up his b20 all motor civic from a body shop..they installed new clutch, fly wheel, piston, port and polish, etc..everything looks good..anyways, the car start up fine and we let it idle for about 10 min...well after driving about a mile or so, i was driving behind him and i can see white smoke comming out and i can hear heavy metal banging noise from his engine...then the car shut down in the middle of the street...he tries to start it couple times but it dies like 5 sec later....we towed the car back to the shop and the dude was like there was an oil leak so there was no oil in the engine....what are the possible damages? is he screwed?

·
8600 rpm ftw!
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea dude...his car run high 12 all motor last summer and now this...im guessin he gonna need new engine

·
Love ///My new car
2,725 Posts
a shop shouldn't let you drive off without oil in the car so its either their bad for forgetting to put some in or for someone letting you leave knowing there wasn't oil in it.

the shops bad all the way. if they don't fix it legal action should take care of the problem, maybe better business bureau, but they shouldn't be dicks not after your friend dropped the money there. :dontknow: sucks:thumbsdow

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
last night my friend and i went to pick up his b20 all motor civic from a body shop..they installed new clutch, fly wheel, piston, port and polish, etc..everything looks good..anyways, the car start up fine and we let it idle for about 10 min...well after driving about a mile or so, i was driving behind him and i can see white smoke comming out and i can hear heavy metal banging noise from his engine...then the car shut down in the middle of the street...he tries to start it couple times but it dies like 5 sec later....we towed the car back to the shop and the dude was like there was an oil leak so there was no oil in the engine....what are the possible damages? is he screwed?

the very fact you're asking this questions shows you really need to learn more on how things work..... www.howstuffworks.com but to recap, engine + no motor oil = screwed

·
Dirtboydel
1,876 Posts
the car might have shut itself down when a amount of oil leaked out that was too low for the engine to run properly... depending on the year of the car and what was done to it... If the car started and ran fine for 10 min there was oil in the engine at the time I would think... oil leak unless it was at the bottom of the oil pan would not cause an engine to lose all its oil... if there was no oil in the engine I don't think it would have gotten you anywhere... eather way sounds like nothing good was going on... will be interesting to hear the whole story though...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.