Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Dropped valve repair

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  texm3x 
#1 ·
I wanna do a frank build and I found a k24 block that's out of a stock tsx for $450 and a k20a2 head from a RSX for $125, $500 for both. Block is fine but the head has a dropped valve. Guy said the head needs some work for $300-400 he estimates. Does this sound like a good idea?

I've been reading up on frank builds and I've seen a thread on k20a.org
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13433
Says the k24a2 head has more potential with a porting. I don't plan on fully building the motor but I'd like to know what would have more potential if the bottom end was fully built in the future and made to rev higher. A ported k20a2 head or ported k24a2 head? Reason I ask is cause my neighbor has a k20a valve train and I could find a k24a2 head or get the k20a2 head from this guy and get it fixed.

G
#6 ·
Hard to tell from pics but I agree with these guys ^^^. It almost looks as though the valve seat has cracked through to the spark plug hole. In any event, it will require quite a bit of welding and machine work to bring back into spec. As common as K20 heads are on the used market, I might just strip this one for parts and call it a day. Good luck.

#12 ·
i have a bare k20a2 head I'll sell ya for 150 in way way better shape than that... located in north nj. had it as a spare. add whatever valves, valvesprings, etc you want.

all it needs is the seats freshened

lmk

#15 ·
random question: does a k20z1/a2/z3 use the same spark plug as k24a2 head, or does k24a2 head require different spark plugs??

#17 ·
only k24 head thread i could find lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.