Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, so i had my coils installed a couple weeks back and i wasn't really happy with the drop on my fronts (currently on function and form type 2's). i already had an alignment, and i would like to drop my front about 0.5 to 1 inch more, would this affect my alignment and would have to go get another one?

thanks guys, appreciate your help! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it will change your alignment specs so you will need an alignment if you want things right on, just do it anyway though :thumbsup: You can drive for a little while after the change lol. Just make sure your wheels dont have crazy toe. Thats what will destroy your tires.
yeah my fronts were maxed and i had crazy toe, so i had to raise it up an inch and a half cuz i couldn't get it to the shop and now i regret it. haha thanks man! :thumbsup:

·
Do it for the ratchets
134 Posts
yeah my fronts were maxed and i had crazy toe, so i had to raise it up an inch and a half cuz i couldn't get it to the shop and now i regret it. haha thanks man! :thumbsup:
Yeah next time just twist the nut behind the tie rod ends to push the tires outward in the back. I believe its counter clockwise to put the back of the tire outward and clockwise to pull the rear of the tire inward. (May be opposite) This was a year ago I had to do it haha. Take a string and run it along the front tires to the back tires. Then you can just adjust by sight. It's enough to get you to a alignment shop without doing massive wear on the tires.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah next time just twist the nut behind the tie rod ends to push the tires outward in the back. I believe its counter clockwise to put the back of the tire outward and clockwise to pull the rear of the tire inward. (May be opposite) This was a year ago I had to do it haha. Take a string and run it along the front tires to the back tires. Then you can just adjust by sight. It's enough to get you to a alignment shop without doing massive wear on the tires.
will keep that in mind the next time i decide to drop it a bit more:giggity:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.