Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I just installed some ESMMs yesterday night, and I replaced the downpipe gasket as well.

Can an exhaust leak cause this MIL to come on ? I can actually ear a leak in my exhaust, so I am wondering if it can cause the MIL to pop in my face...

I tried to reset my ECU two times, and the MIL is always coming back after a couple of kilometers (about 15 or 20 minutes).

I've also noticed that the MIL is going off sometime.. randomly.

Thank you for help

Charles

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
You need to replace your Primary o2 Sensor. It has gone bad.

I would go with OEM.

Around $200 or so.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn that sucks... I guess I can use a NGK O2 sensor or something equivalent ? OEM is so fuckin expansive..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
P0134 Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) No Activity Detected

Did you remember to plug your sensor back in after you replaced the gasket? lol
Yes I did !! :p

I'm going to double check it tomorrow just in case.. but I am sure I've re-plugged it after the install of the ESMMs..

·
Registered
432 Posts
how do you reset that code? Mine just came on while i was driving down a driveway of rocks. I knew i had a bad feeling about the driveway since my car is lowered. Do you think maybe the rocks caused the light to come on?

G

·
Are you sure everything is secure? Rare that a #1 O2 sensor just outright dies. I would get back under the car before pulling out your wallet. I call "installer error"..

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
its an 02 if its never been replaced then thats probably what it is, my guess is if its not plugged in all the way or loose a bit. Then im guessing mileage between 40-60k lol its a wide band thing they seem to go early

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
you may have just not pluged the sensor in all the way. Then again, these sensors going bad are really common. Check to make sure that the sensor is plugged in completely. If it is, and the code still sets, best bet is to replace.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
yea yea holy bump from the dead batman.

i just got this code and i will be getting back under the car to check everything tomorrow.

the :cel: comes on pretty much every other day. no real loss in gas mileage or anything like that. the car runs fine but i don't want this light on lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts