Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of going with dual pipes. i know this would involve some body work. me and my buddy have been doing some thinking about it, and i was thinking it would either have to be a dual muffler, or split into a "Y" pipe any suggestions?

dual exhaust like this V

·
Registered
24,670 Posts
.....yea? what's your point? only ricers put on aftermarket quad and dual exhausts on 4 bangers.

·
Registered
61,558 Posts

·
did it 4 teh lulz
1,203 Posts
I'd say "To each his own" as long as it's a clean look....and by that I don't mean something like that Black riced out RSX posted earlier with the CAN style mufflers

5,021 Posts
hahah i remember that shit
:laughing: glad that you remember. long time, ahoy!

not a fan of the center exhaust.

and you posted pis of ricers with dual and quad exhaust.....
look, it's really hard to pull a dual exhaust that's clean because most people who do this setup will use usually use two large cherry bomb mufflers. It just looks like shit on the rsx's small size and coupled with the fact it's a fwd 4 banger, it just does not feel right to the majority of people.

If you really want to do dual exhaust, go right ahead. Just heads up that you'll have a hard time convincing people in thinking it looks "right" or "cool". If it makes you happy, you don't need anybody's opinions in stopping you.

IMO, this is about the cleanest the rsx will ever look when it uses oem mufflers.

·
did it 4 teh lulz
1,203 Posts

look, it's really hard to pull a dual exhaust that's clean because most people who do this setup will use usually use two large cherry bomb mufflers. It just looks like shit on the rsx's small size and coupled with the fact it's a fwd 4 banger, it just does not feel right to the majority of people.

If you really want to do dual exhaust, go right ahead. Just heads up that you'll have a hard time convincing people in thinking it looks "right" or "cool". If it makes you happy, you don't need anybody's opinions in stopping you.

IMO, this is about the cleanest the rsx will ever look when it uses oem mufflers.

Exactly! if you go dual...use the OEM exhausts...or maybe something like Apexi WS2 or similar designed canisters...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

this is similar to what mine would look like, not like the other ones. no "CAN" style not into that

1 - 20 of 79 Posts