Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Space is limited on the driver's side due to the crap associated with getting gas in and out of the gas tank. Thus there is no room for a stock style muffler. Also, where the exhaust turns to leave the central "tunnel", the frame has a recess to allow more ground clearance for the pipe where it passes across the frame--there is no such recess on the driver's side of the tunnel.

One could do a dual on an RSX, but the car itself prevents doing it correctly, or at least what would qualify as correct for me.

If you just want the look and don't care about the function, buy an exhuast tip, cut the bumper, and mount the tip on the driver's side :vtec:

·
Registered
6,940 Posts

this is honestly pretty clean, at first i was thinking fuck no duals would look stupid, but if you could actually pull this off this would be the way to go, imma huge OEM guy so this is soooo clean :giggity:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The only way I would do it would be to have a cutout with a straight pipe and tip going to one side and the other go through a muffler.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
The only way I would do it would be to have a cutout with a straight pipe and tip going to one side and the other go through a muffler.
that would defeat the purpose of the cut out.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
cut outs are generally put directly off the header, and are opened at high RPM, where it would make the most power. this way you can keep a quieter/less free flowing exhaust for the street, and have it insanely loud/free flowing with the flip of a switch.

5,021 Posts
that's stupid. everyone knows more mufflerz means more flow. shit, only reason why it doesn't catch on is because it's too expensive and fast for you, s0n! don't hate.

$.02

61 - 79 of 79 Posts