Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a dual stage boost controller so that i can put a toggle switch in my car (where the fog light switch would go). I want to be able to have it set on either 10 or 12 lbs of boost for low boost and then around 20 for high boost. Is that possible. I have been told that a dual stage boost controller is what i need. Any suggestions on where to get on or a good company to use.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i don't want different boost levels at different gears i don't mind riding around all day w/ 10lbs of boost in every gear i may even cut it down to 8. But i want to be able to flip and switch and have it set to 20lbs so if i come across a street race or something like that all it takes is the flip of a switch to go into high boost and not have to worry about wat boost level i have in which gear

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but i have to have it hooked to a computer to do anything w/ kpro i don't want to keep a labtop hooked up to kpro constantly i just figured a ds boost controllers was the easiest way to do this am i wrong

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
The Architect™
7,444 Posts
but i have to have it hooked to a computer to do anything w/ kpro i don't want to keep a labtop hooked up to kpro constantly i just figured a ds boost controllers was the easiest way to do this am i wrong
You do not have to have a laptop hooked up to kpro to switch between high and low boost, you can wire it just like you would for nitrious and have an external switch for high boost and low boost in kpro.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really can u give me some more information on this. Would this be better than using a ds boost controller. Like i didn't know that kpro could control the amount of boost created i thought that was the job of the bc

·
FS: K20A2 Head (C Sig)
2,096 Posts
an electronic boost controller uses a lil computer + a boost solenoid to control your boost. You can get a boost solenoid and hook it up to your kpro and then kpro WILL be your lil computer (in addition to being your ecu). Yes, you will need a laptop ONE TIME to reflash your ECU with the boost solenoid settings. After that you're home free.

Matt

229,253 Posts
You do not have to have a laptop hooked up to kpro to switch between high and low boost, you can wire it just like you would for nitrious and have an external switch for high boost and low boost in kpro.
I dont think thats possible....That means that the switch would have to basically upload a different tune and change the boost level. I would love to see an example of this if it is possible.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So u use the ds bc and don't use kpro as ur boost controller i want to know if anyone has used kpro in the way archull describes

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
secretpickle do have anymore information on how to do this. Like where does the switch run to. Is it hooked to the boost solenoid. I mean wouldn't it be easier to just use a ds bc

·
13,138 Posts
So u use the ds bc and don't use kpro as ur boost controller i want to know if anyone has used kpro in the way archull describes
well, i would use GM's solenoid for boost by gear, but thats not an option for my automatic. ECU doesnt know what gear i'm in, it always thinks i'm in 1st. :spin:

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why does every one do boost by gear i want to just have a flat 10psi or 20psi across all gears. I mean i drive around in 6 gear alot to save gas and i want to run low boost around town to keep the stress on the engine down

·
The Architect™
7,444 Posts
Why does every one do boost by gear i want to just have a flat 10psi or 20psi across all gears. I mean i drive around in 6 gear alot to save gas and i want to run low boost around town to keep the stress on the engine down
The reason for boost buy gear is to basically form a sort of traction control. When you boost a fwd car you have problems with traction. Using Kpro for your boost controller enables you to use boost by gear to allow traction in your lower gears but really up your boost in your higher gears and you are able to retain traction and still have killer performance.

If you are trying to retain gas milage the best thing I can tell you is to not drive it in boost, that means you need to have a little common sense and change your drivings habits a bit. The best boost controller is your right foot.

·
Registered
94 Posts
the high low switch for boost in K-Pro works perfectly fine. its not like having two different tunes, more like two different sets of boost settings. and if your still worried about it, you could then activate the nitrous tab with always armed and have it activate when you reach your high boost and add some extra fuel if youd like to.

and if you dont want boost per gear, make all the gears the same [10 psi in 1st, 10 psi in 2nd, 10psi in 4th . . .]

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So yall still say using the kpro is the best method for dual stage boost controlling i really don't want to do boost by gear yet.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts