Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Real Nurse
33,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As if my above ground pool wasn't redneck enough, these fucking ducks keep coming by every morning, making a disgusting mess on the solar cover.

So, I thought I came up with an awesome plan to shock them upon landing and then scare them off but husband won't let me do it.

Instead, he is getting a BB gun to shoot the ducks to piss them off (probably literally) and out of the pool.

Any other ideas?

ps have ya missed me? :)

·
Real Nurse
33,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here are the little shits on the winter cover. I don't have a pic on the solar cover.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Seriously, shoot them and sell them to someone who enjoys duck meat. Not only do they leave behind a crapload of mess but if a mother starts bringing ducklings along, it'll get worse.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Inflatable plastic swan should do the trick. And put plastic pink flamingos in the front yard to help even it out.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
A quick google turned up this:

http://www.duckoff.com.au/

Seems a little over kill though... There was also a suggestion of using a plastic floating alligator head cause it scares them....

·
Real Nurse
33,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
i dont want a plane to land in my yard.
Imagine what a ride through a turbine engine would do to your new pets though... lol...

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
never knew MsFB was a chick. But dont use a bb gun there too slow and inaccurate. use a paint ball gun. It hurts like hell and you can turn it on full auto

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
More seriously, how high is the top of that railing above the pool?

If a person was standing in the pool would the top of the railing still be over their head?

If you can, string a couple runs of fishing line across the pool tied to the railings:

http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cache:0JjKl437XdUJ:www.montana.edu/wwwpb/pubs/mt200011.html+fishing+line+bird+deterrent&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

They do this at a public water park near here to keep the seagulls out and for whatever reason it works....

1 - 20 of 90 Posts