Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough to inherit a 2006 RSX from my parents when I got my license several months ago. It had previously been my brother’s, who had gotten into a minor accident denting the hood. Once it was passed down to me, I didn’t have the money to fix it, so left it as is. Soon after receiving the car, I got into a minor accident leaving my right quarter panel dented and the whole car covered in scratches. Poor thing. Now that I’ve worked a steady job for a few months now, I’m ready to give it some desperately needed TLC. Along with a new hood and several performance mods (CAI, pulley kit, Headers/exhaust, Ignition coils and spark plugs, engine mounts, coilovers, etc.), I found the GT300 Body Kit and new on sight that I wanted it. However, I noticed the kit is designed for 2002-2004. Logically, I don’t see a major difference between those years and the ‘06. Is it possible to utilize the kit on my car? I like this kit specifically because it’s inexpensive and covers most, if not all, the exterior damage the car has. Is it possible, and if so, is the kit worth the $1000-ish price tag? What other kits should I look into, if at all?
Note: I’m generally a novice at this sort of thing. I consider myself a very amateur mechanic, but I’m not brand new and I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty.
Thanks in advance, guys!
-JB

·
WILDCARD!
1,166 Posts
LOL, shit looks straight out of 2003. A body kit shouldn't be used to cover damage. And no, it won't fit your 06.

Just fix your car and keep it clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair enough. The styling is pretty dated. Either way, are there any quality wide body kits out there for the RSX? I appreciate well-done wide cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts