Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Duragloss? I was given a bottle of this for free and was told that it worked great.

This weekend I'm attempting to detail my car again after my brother messed it up with insane swirl marks all over the car.

Here's my list:
1. Dawn
2. Claybar
3. Diamond Cut Compound 2.0
4. Duragloss or Meguiars Machine Glaze #3
6. Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax

I'm still working on the list, so any opinions are welcome. I really would like to get this done this weekend because the swirls are unbearable to look at :crying: So any suggestions for items I can buy locally would be great.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanksgiving bump!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,995 Posts
i would be careful with that #85...how bad of defects are we talking? what are you goin to be doing this with..hand, pc, or rotary?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
03K20A2 said:
i would be careful with that #85...how bad of defects are we talking? what are you goin to be doing this with..hand, pc, or rotary?
The defects are real bad, so I was thinking #85 would help me out. I was going to use a rotary buffer. I dont have access to a pc and dont want to buy one. I'll take pictures of the damage if I can today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,995 Posts
have you used a rotary buffer before? if i were you, i would first try #83 if you have access to it, #85 is one of the most aggressive compounds around and should only be used when you are wetsanding. i mean, #83 can take out a lot of defects if used properly. you should always use the the least aggressive products first
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
03K20A2 said:
have you used a rotary buffer before? if i were you, i would first try #83 if you have access to it, #85 is one of the most aggressive compounds around and should only be used when you are wetsanding. i mean, #83 can take out a lot of defects if used properly. you should always use the the least aggressive products first
Yeah I have used one before, I actually used the same compound when I first painted my car cause I wetsanded the entire car. I recently let my brother detail while I was away for the week and he messed it up. I was just thinking about stripping everything off and re-doing everything. Is my list good enough or should I consider getting something else? Thanks for your help :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,995 Posts
i really wouldnt use #85 i would use #83. what defects are we talking about? if its just swirls, then the #83 will be fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
03K20A2 said:
i really wouldnt use #85 i would use #83. what defects are we talking about? if its just swirls, then the #83 will be fine
Yeah its just swirls, but I've never seen anything this bad before :crying: . I'll try to take pics for you when I get my camera back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,897 Posts
DONT USE 85 FOR GOD SAKES! Use 83 with a cutting pad... this is coming from a guy who took the meguiars detailing class... you will be surprised what 83 will do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
moss said:
DONT USE 85 FOR GOD SAKES! Use 83 with a cutting pad... this is coming from a guy who took the meguiars detailing class... you will be surprised what 83 will do.
Alright, I'll be sure to check that out instead cause I dont want to ruin things more than they already are. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

But as far as my list goes is everything good?

I was going to wash with dawn first, claybar, wash again, #83, Duragloss, then the NXT wax. Is that the correct process? Thanks again everyone's help :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,995 Posts
thats correct, you really dont need dawn. also, wash the car spray the soap off then dont dry, start claying the car with the soap leftover as your lube then rinse the car off again and dry the car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
03K20A2 said:
thats correct, you really dont need dawn. also, wash the car spray the soap off then dont dry, start claying the car with the soap leftover as your lube then rinse the car off again and dry the car
Alright I'll definately try this on the weekend comming up cause the weather has been bad here. Thanks, late
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top