Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do u guys think im not modding my car or anything i just drive it what do u think about duralast clutches\

G

·
Probably same as OEM. It's pretty hard to mess up building a stock disc and PP so I'm sure it would be fine. Most issues people have with this or that clutch are from either installer error or bad driving habits.

·
HT haterzz
3,990 Posts
My friend is running duralast brake pads on his RSX with no problem, their clutch is probably decent as well :dontknow:

·
Got Polish?
7,858 Posts
I wouldnt run duralast crap on my car , I buy my parts from Meyers Auto Parts. They have good OEM replacement parts ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
guess what guys i bought the duralast clutch at autozone and believe it or not but its made by exedy. exedy is stamped on the disc and pressure plate

·
CLUBRSX.com Supporter
3,684 Posts
BS without pics. Exedy doesn't stamp their clutches, they are stamped Daiken or something close to that.

G

·
I wonder if it's just an Exedy Stage I or something, being sourced out by "Duralast". In other words, the Exedy unit is the default product when a customer orders an OEM-spec clutch kit from this place. Curious to know.

·
turbo=neverending debt
878 Posts
so exedy is a good brand? better than say, clutchmasters?

G

·
so exedy is a good brand? better than say, clutchmasters?
Daikin of Japan makes pretty all the pressure plates and many of the organic clutches that are out there. I would not be surprised if Clutchmasters sources out their components from Daikin, just like Exedy does. Again, when we are talking about OEM-spec clutches, there is really not a lot of difference between them. They should all work fine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
put the clutch on and works great shifts smooth as hell the clutch and pressure plate was stamped exedy and also DK was stamped

1 - 12 of 12 Posts