Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that the CEL is staying off (hopefully it stays that way), I have scheduled an appointment for 9am Saturday. I will post numbers here when I finish. I am also going to try and get them to overlay my graph with Swwifty's to compare out power curves. This should be interesting.

**UPDATE**

Just got back, and am very disappointed in what I see. I peaked out of 204.6 on one run, but the Dynojet somehow jolted and I got a strnage dip at the end, so we took that out and I matched it with a 204.3.

Now the reason I am disappointed is because I figured I would break 210. Not the case though, and obviously mostly thankful to my BAD A/F ratio. I will post pics of all graphs in a little while, but I will go ahead and tell you that between 2800 and 4900 rpms I got below 13, and for a good bit of time even below 12!!!! I hit around 11.7 from around 3400-4200 rpms!!!! Then it spiked and got to arond 13.6 (with one instance of touching 13) from 5000-6100 rpms after which it dropped back down to about 12 again!!

I have the K20A reflash. Hondata, please chime in with your thoughts on this. I made smooth consistent power with no spike where VTEC crosses over, but my A/F is very erratic, and I most likely would have reached my goal had it not been for the changes that took place.

I also did a comparison of mine and Dave's (Swwifty) dyno plots. He has a rather large jump at VTEC crossover, which I do not. This gives one instance where I made as much as 12 more horsepower than him, but I only peaked 1.3 over him on one graph and 4.3 on another.

BTW, this was done in 4th gear and it is the 70s here. I have video that Dave is going to host when he comes back in town. I will try to get the charts up in a few minutes for you guys to pick over.

**UPDATE**

You can see in the first one, the two runs that were saved of mine...

In the second one, you can see the comparison of my A/F ratio to Dave's. He is missing some data in between, but his A/F stays linear and his hp can be seen in the next

In the third pic, it is a comparison of my power curve to Dave's. You can see where he loses right before VTEC engagement, and mine stays linear. Mine actually has a nice upward movement there because the A/F ration begins to move back towards 13, but then that increase begins to fall back once it began running rich again.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
It's about time. Swwifty told me over a month ago you would be heading to the dyno soon. You wouldn't be able to do a couple pulls with his Mugen ECU by any chance would you? Do you do a baseline run? Sorry for all the questions, just interested to finally see some Hondata vs Mugen dynos, and Id like there to be as little variables as possible.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
APEXiTypes said:
It's about time. Swwifty told me over a month ago you would be heading to the dyno soon. You wouldn't be able to do a couple pulls with his Mugen ECU by any chance would you? Do you do a baseline run? Sorry for all the questions, just interested to finally see some Hondata vs Mugen dynos, and Id like there to be as little variables as possible.
well Dave will be out of town with the Mugen, but we have something else in mind after he gets back. ;)

As for this weekend it will be strictly to see the HP that I am making and to se if my A/F ratio is on right now.

Tax season is a mofo, so I haven't had time to do shit :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
yeah we have a big suprise coming up that I think everyone on the forums will like :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
swwifty said:
yeah we have a big suprise coming up that I think everyone on the forums will like :thumbsup:
bout time you chimed in :p

Still no CEL. Casper's wiring is crap. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
BigDawg said:
bout time you chimed in :p

Still no CEL. Casper's wiring is crap. :thumbsdow
well, glad to hear that seems to have fixed it.

call me on saturday after you put down some numbers :thumbsup:

I want to know what it put down, and how its running!

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
swwifty said:
well, glad to hear that seems to have fixed it.

call me on saturday after you put down some numbers :thumbsup:

I want to know what it put down, and how its running!
I will. Are you leaving Friday night?

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
BigDawg said:
I will. Are you leaving Friday night?
yeah i'm leaving friday night.

We still need to do some in-car and flyby videos soon! :spin:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATED

bump

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And this whole time I wanted to make sure I wasn't running too lean...

HA!!! I should've thought about the fact that I am running TOO RICH!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
:dontknow: Maybe it's time for the K-pro. Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you cleaned your air intake filter?

EDIT: what are cheances we can get a race between you a swiffty on video? :laughing:

EDIT again lol: 3000 post! :driving: :nervous:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
APEXiTypes said:
:dontknow: Maybe it's time for the K-pro. Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you cleaned your air intake filter?

EDIT: what are cheances we can get a race between you a swiffty on video? :laughing:

EDIT again lol: 3000 post! :driving: :nervous:
That might be fun.

I cleaned air filter in December~2500 miles ago

Yea, the K-Pro would be nice, but I would think that the reflash I have should've made a more linear A/F ratio.

One thing I did not point out is that I made about 5 more lb/ft. of torque than Dave did, peaking at 149.7.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
charts posted, all of these are obviously SAE corrected (it says it in the HP column).

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I don't know what to tell you, Im sure someone will know better then me. I thought with your setup the type r flash would be the way to go. I certainly didn't think you'd be running so rich. :confused:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
APEXiTypes said:
I don't know what to tell you, Im sure someone will know better then me. I thought with your setup the type r flash would be the way to go. I certainly didn't think you'd be running so rich. :confused:
What can I say man, I really thought the Hondata would have come through, but this is just really disappointing.

I spoke with a friend of mine with a S/C Prelude who thinks the numbers are still great, but come on, if it would follow the 13:1 path, then I would have been a lot better off.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
You guys each have different exhaust set-ups, which kind of throws off the comparison. Bigdawg-any chance you guys might switch ecu's and see what happens? That mugen ecu might give you some more power since it is controlling the a/f ration better. Your toda race header should give you a bump on the dyno compared to his jdm/spoon set up. His mugen ecu might be what is making the power for him, and the hondata ecu might be hurting you (I hate to say that but that is what it seems like, I was a believer of hondata's type r flash as well).

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DC5 RSX said:
You guys each have different exhaust set-ups, which kind of throws off the comparison. Bigdawg-any chance you guys might switch ecu's and see what happens? That mugen ecu might give you some more power since it is controlling the a/f ration better. Your toda race header should give you a bump on the dyno compared to his jdm/spoon set up. His mugen ecu might be what is making the power for him, and the hondata ecu might be hurting you (I hate to say that but that is what it seems like, I was a believer of hondata's type r flash as well).
Yea, we have definitely discussed this. I hate the fact that my flash is not performing up to par, but I know that the guys over there might definitely have some input on it.

I am not going to speculate anything when comparing the Toda header vs. the Spoon/ITR combo that Dave has. I am sure that if my A/F ratio were smoothed out I would be in the range that I want to be. If you look at the dynograph you can see the path that the hp curve is following when it is running lean, and since it is not too lean it leads me to believe that it would have easily peaked another 5hp+ if it had not been for the sudden increase in fuel that causes it to go back rich again.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
This should be interesting. I am going to post my dyno sheets after I get the car tuned next week (Type R Flash). I think you all just might need a lil tuning. But, hey- what the hell do I know?! (nothing) We have similar set up - not the same- but similar. I have no aftermarket header, but pulled very close to you guys BEFORE I put the ITR cams in. I did pull the same TQ as you. (before cams too) So, I will let you all know how it goes this week!

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MissRSX-S said:
This should be interesting. I am going to post my dyno sheets after I get the car tuned next week (Type R Flash). I think you all just might need a lil tuning. But, hey- what the hell do I know?! (nothing) We have similar set up - not the same- but similar. I have no aftermarket header, but pulled very close to you guys BEFORE I put the ITR cams in. I did pull the same TQ as you. (before cams too) So, I will let you all know how it goes this week!
There is no real way to tune though without having the K-Pro.

Dave also has an Icebox, and I have an AEM CAI.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts