Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going back to the Dyno Shop in Santee, CA. Today at 10am. I am going to see how much of a difference 2psi makes. All of you know I pulled 229WHP with 5psi. I am thinking about 250WHP with 7psi. Will post results when I get back. No scanner but I will see what I can do later today.

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here it is. I pulled [email protected] with 177.2ft/lbs @5400RPM. All SAE Corrected according to the shop. This was an increase of 16.1WHP and 13.8ft/lbs. The new Race flash shows a definite spike at VTEC engagement (3800RPMs). My exhaust is still restricting me. Stock header and cat are going to be going away real soon. If I can find a shop that will hack my cat off and build a test pipe with O2 bungs. I will try and scan the dyno sheets tomorrow at work. No pinging or detonation was heard while spinning the dynojet. I may put the 5psi pulley back on and go test again at the same time next week. Just to see if the flash increases anything for that pulley. I all I know is the car was shaking the building and my A/F was 12:1 - 12.5:1 all across the board. I will give a copy of this to Hondata so maybe they can fine tune the new flash a little more. I tried doing this earlier last week but, the dynojet was broken. So what do you guys think now?

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
I think that is pretty good, but dump the stock header and cat and get a full race header and 3" exhaust and you will see those numbers climb a lot.

Edit: glad to see the flash work so well for you. I think the K-Pro might do more but at this point the flash is doing very well for you.

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 3inch. Working on the header/cat thing now. You can't make money by printing it out on the PC. I have to work/wait to get it.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
wdsonny said:
Here it is. I pulled [email protected] with 177.2ft/lbs @5400RPM. All SAE Corrected according to the shop. This was an increase of 16.1WHP and 13.8ft/lbs. The new Race flash shows a definite spike at VTEC engagement (3800RPMs). My exhaust is still restricting me. Stock header and cat are going to be going away real soon. If I can find a shop that will hack my cat off and build a test pipe with O2 bungs. I will try and scan the dyno sheets tomorrow at work. No pinging or detonation was heard while spinning the dynojet. I may put the 5psi pulley back on and go test again at the same time next week. Just to see if the flash increases anything for that pulley. I all I know is the car was shaking the building and my A/F was 12:1 - 12.5:1 all across the board. I will give a copy of this to Hondata so maybe they can fine tune the new flash a little more. I tried doing this earlier last week but, the dynojet was broken. So what do you guys think now?
I thought your car goes to 8600RPM

·
ECU Tuner
4,287 Posts
K20A2 said:
That is probably correct. I think that is the numbers that Doug pulled on his RSX and that is the Toda header and DC sports exhaust.
Hondata and Jackson list the difference between the 5 and the 7psi version as about 30 whp, from around 250 to just over 280. However, as you pointed out, they also went from stock exhaust to the DC dual canister exhaust. I looked under Doug's car but didn't check if he used the race header or if the cat was still there. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he used the stock cat.

Doug's car, btw, must be the ultimate sleeper. Silver car, stock rims, no decals or anything, two baby booster seats in the back, and even the CD exhaust tip looks totally harmless. Derek's, too, looks completely stock and only his "Hondata" license plate gives it away.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, and Doug was running 550cc injectors.
"For the next run in red (refers to dyno plot) a smaller 3.4" blower pulley and DC catback was installed. Boost pressure was up about 2 pounds from 6000rpm to the redline. Power increased by 30 HP from 250 wheel hp to 280 wheel hp. 550cc injectors were installed to cope with the additional fuel required. Very roughly each pound of boost gives 10 hp. We obviously did not have enough power, so it was on with the nitrous bottle".
He also said he was maxing out the fuel pump and probably at this point needed to upgrade the fuel rail.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think you've got it with a race header... Keep trying.... If I had a good dyno place on island I would get one but I'll have to wait till I get back to the states....

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I thought the Hondata was only good for 9 psi, how are you going to map it for 11psi?? Also, if they got 280hp with 7psi and every 1psi is 10hp, can't you get 300hp with 9psi??

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Does the test pipe replace your cat?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
But it throws a CEL correct? I have the pda dyno so I can turn that off correct?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts