Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, I hope this helps everyone. Here are the dyno numbers for my car (It is bone stock):

MAX power = 134.90
MAX torque = 126.49

Edit: Just a little more information: The dyno was during terrible conditions (97 degrees out at the time) and my intake temperature was all the way up at 113 degrees on my best run. The air to fuel ratio was a little rich (11.8). The dual stage manifold works really well on the a3 and as you can see, it switches at 5,000 rpm. Enjoy ;)

·
Shake that money maker
4,756 Posts
Pretty decent numbers, I wonder if my 05 is putting down around the same :spin:

·
Fanboi killer
2,498 Posts
not to shabby man.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx for the replies everyone. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

A769 said:
anybody know what an '03 auto base would put down?
It would probably put down around 115 whp (5-10 hp window) & around 100 wtq (5-10 tq window).

·
Registered
448 Posts
Rsxy34 said:
Thanx for the replies everyone. Hope this helps :thumbsup:

It would probably put down around 115 whp (5-10 hp window) & around 100 wtq (5-10 tq window).
i dont think thats right. just because it has a different tranny doesnt mean the engine puts out less hp. i know autos are slower than 5spds but thats just cuz of the gear ratios not hp.

·
Registered
153 Posts
nah its about right. stupid auto tranny sucks up a lot of the power so automatic cars dont put out that much power to the wheels. I'm sure there is a way to make a more efficient automatic transmission...

anyway, nice #s on your 5spd dude!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx for the replies everyone :thumbsup:

A769 said:
i dont think thats right. just because it has a different tranny doesnt mean the engine puts out less hp. i know autos are slower than 5spds but thats just cuz of the gear ratios not hp.
Ya the auto tranny eats up more hp and tq to the wheels. You can do a search for auto a3 dynos and ull see that they dyno about 20whp less than the 5spd.

·
I <3 Red Stuff
4,635 Posts
wow much better numbers than the stock auto dyno

·
Registered
8,724 Posts
A769 said:

I don't think there's a single automatic car that puts out just as much power as a manual in the same car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts