Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Big Images: http://www.truerace.com/dyno/Orig

What I expected, can't wait till the new header so it wont CHOKE AND DIE up top like it's doing...

Oh yeah, isn't that the nicest tq. curve you've ever seen :p

Mods:

STOCK MOTOR
STOCK ECU
STOCK Fuel Pressure
$5 autozone Filter on stock arm
STOCK TSX Header
2.5" Exhaust w/ Cat and chambered muffler =(

CEL: No REAR O2 Sensor hooked up, I don't think this will rob power, but some people tell me otherwise

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
JJB Autowerks said:
What I expected, can't wait till the new header so it wont CHOKE AND DIE up top like it's doing...

Oh yeah, isn't that the nicest tq. curve you've ever seen :p

Mods:

STOCK MOTOR
STOCK ECU
STOCK Fuel Pressure
$5 autozone Filter on stock arm
STOCK TSX Header
2.5" Exhaust w/ Cat and chambered muffler =(

CEL: No REAR O2 Sensor hooked up, I don't think this will rob power, but some people tell me otherwise
Looks about right for a stock K20A. Now let the modding begin! :thumbsup:

About the Secondary O2 Sensor: It's just there to check catalyst efficiency and has no bearing on performance. Likewise, the CEL will not cause loss in performance.

That should be one quick Integra LS; I'd hate to meet you on the street.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Did you graph the A/F ratio? I'd be curious to see it between 6000 and 7000 rpm.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Glimpse said:
About the Secondary O2 Sensor: It's just there to check catalyst efficiency and has no bearing on performance. Likewise, the CEL will not cause loss in performance.
so it has no bearing on performance if u run a race header w/o k-pro or an 02 sim and the CEL is on b/c of the secondary/rear sensor? i thought the CEL would cause the ECU to run rich? shed some light for me please :thumbsup:

btw, i can't wait to see that K20 on the track... good luck.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Hapa DC5 said:
so it has no bearing on performance if u run a race header w/o k-pro or an 02 sim and the CEL is on b/c of the secondary/rear sensor? i thought the CEL would cause the ECU to run rich? shed some light for me please :thumbsup:

btw, i can't wait to see that K20 on the track... good luck.
Nah. The primary O2 sensor is a wideband sensor, and this is where the ECU takes all its readings to determine the A/F ratio. The secondary O2 sensor is just there to check the catalyst. Your CEL will go on, but it won't do anything but annoy you.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Glimpse said:
Nah. The primary O2 sensor is a wideband sensor, and this is where the ECU takes all its readings to determine the A/F ratio. The secondary O2 sensor is just there to check the catalyst. Your CEL will go on, but it won't do anything but annoy you.
no adverse affects on performance, that's good to hear. i might just install my dc race header today after work and just install the 02 sim when it comes in.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Hapa DC5 said:
no adverse affects on performance, that's good to hear. i might just install my dc race header today after work and just install the 02 sim when it comes in.
thats what i did. my CEL didnt even come on while i was waiting on the o2 sim. but it was only a few days. even if it does come on you can just pull the fuse under the hood and reset it until your sim comes in.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Install it! :)

There's really no need to reset the CEL; mine's been on for at least 6 months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.