Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna buy an e cutout. I want to install it right after the cat. I have stock exhaust system (2006 rsx s) .. they have two sizes, 2 in and 2.5 in diameter cutouts. My question is which would be easier to install/weld, 2 or 2.5 in right after the cat? Thanks

·
No.. No we no like you
1,483 Posts
go for 2.5 you dont want to go any smaller than your stock 2.36. i have an e cutout 2.5 and it welded perfectly onto my stock 2.36 exhaust
Stock is not 2.36 dude smh. Lolz

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=541946

I'm gonna buy an e cutout. I want to install it right after the cat. I have stock exhaust system (2006 rsx s) .. they have two sizes, 2 in and 2.5 in diameter cutouts. My question is which would be easier to install/weld, 2 or 2.5 in right after the cat? Thanks
What is your point on adding a e cut out after a stock cat? Or you just want to be loud and annoying...I would rather get a race header then a e cut out after the Rh or welded on the header with a tune of course and supporting mod.

·
No.. No we no like you
1,483 Posts
Thinking of Putin one on my 03 type s what kinda gains wood I get
Do you have kpro to tune it?
.....If you want to see how it is just unbolt your catback exhaust and drive around and see how much power you lose and noises it gets.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So how did you perfectly welded the 2.5 to stock 2.1? Lol did you use between sizes piping in between to fit it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oem 2006 rsx exhaust dimensionswill weld just fine. no extra pipe need between. have a muffler shop do it. they know what they are doing[/QUOTE]

Now I know u gained some noticeable top end power right? Not actually losing power like this guy is saying... I know i lose low end torque with it open but power is wat matters when it comes to drag racing these cars lol

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts
The point is that the cutout really isn't going to do much off a stock header. The big bottle neck on these cars is the cat. All it will really do it make the car noisier. You will see gains with a race header and do a cutout off that if you want to keep things quiet when it is closed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm just installing cutout after cat, thn save up for the race header and call it a day,,and the noise is half the fun:) lol

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts
But it is useless noise. You will not see much if any gains from it. So you spend $200 on a cutout and the money to have it welded on all for it do nothing but make noise. Sounds like a waste of money. Its not my money so have fun I guess

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Manual e cutout from summit racing $40 shipped TU:) lol yeah it is loud but I will use only wen I'm racing ,,what you guys think should I just get it welded on header down pipe and forget the race header in the future?

·
Shazaam
4,596 Posts
Manual e cutout from summit racing $40 shipped TU:) lol yeah it is loud but I will use only wen I'm racing ,,what you guys think should I just get it welded on header down pipe and forget the race header in the future?
I think you should forget the cutout and save for a race header. Cut outs are useless. BTW if you got a manual "e cutout" is it really an "e cutout" or just a cut out?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Would u agree tht a cutout after the cat is the same if not better thn any catback exhaust system? I think for $40 its good plus u can close it up wenever u want a cruise around town...

·
Shazaam
4,596 Posts
Would u agree tht a cutout after the cat is the same if not better thn any catback exhaust system? I think for $40 its good plus u can close it up wenever u want a cruise around town...
I don't agree that it is the same as a catback exhaust because when you have catback exhaust you run 1 tune. To maximize power gained from increased exhaust flow of the cutout you would need to have 1 tune for when it is open and 1 tune for when it is closed or else you really won't notice any power increase from it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't agree that it is the same as a catback exhaust because when you have catback exhaust you run 1 tune. To maximize power gained from increased exhaust flow of the cutout you would need to have 1 tune for when it is open and 1 tune for when it is closed or else you really won't notice any power increase from it.
Of course wen there's tuning involved u hav to tune for any mod,, but as for without tuning I think its better and cheaper ,,no kpro till next year for me anyway

·
Mada Mada Dane
1,089 Posts
personally dont bother with the cutout. the rule of thumb when moding cars is you have to pay to play. there are no cheap mods that make power. save your money and get a race header and a tune. you will be happier you did.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts