Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
personally dont bother with the cutout. the rule of thumb when moding cars is you have to pay to play. there are no cheap mods that make power. save your money and get a race header and a tune. you will be happier you did.
Yes I know, I was just asking for reviews as for noticeable power gains. I just like the convenience of closing the noise , so two tunes is a must... I think the cutout would be lovely if a snail was under my hood

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts
Multiple people have given you the answer of it is not worth it and doesnt do much good the way you want to set it up. It seems you dont want to really listen

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm not arguing,,I'm just lookin at your opinions and reviews,,I know it might be a waste of time n money but wat if I want to be really loud n slow

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks anyways buddy, I don't get cuz u hav a shitload of rep u think everyone else is just a nuisance,,who's cares

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts
Does it surprise you that CRSX members ask questions and then argue with the people giving them legitimate answers? :deadhorse
No surprise here

Thanks anyways buddy, I don't get cuz u hav a shitload of rep u think everyone else is just a nuisance,,who's cares
Dont go getting butt hurt now. I never said you were a nuisance and trust me rep doesnt matter for shit here. Just saying you are getting answers and ignoring them. If what you want is to just be really loud then go for it. I was just letting you know that it wont do anything performance wise. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No surprise here

Dont go getting butt hurt now. I never said you were a nuisance and trust me rep doesnt matter for shit here. Just saying you are getting answers and ignoring them. If what you want is to just be really loud then go for it. I was just letting you know that it wont do anything performance wise. Good luck with it.
I was talkin about the other guy lol and no I'm not butthurt I just don't like when threads get outta hand like this ,sorry if it seemed like I ignored I'm posting from my cell and don't like to write alot,,I just asked all the questions I was curious about thanks guys hope u have a wonderful day lol

·
Registered
494 Posts
I wouldn't say an exhaust cutout is a waste of money as long as its used right. Having a 3" exhaust cutout on a stock or lightly built motor is beyond overkill and will only hurt performance but right now I'm actually trying to figure out a duel intake and dual style exhaust that will stage depending on engine rpms and power. Anyone ever think of doing something like this? I'm planning a mild build k24, shooting for 300/225. What I actually want to do is have my standard 05 type s exhaust be my first stage which i believe is 2.5" and is a good size for roughly 225-240 HP roughly and wherever that power point is on the rpm range have it electrically signal the 3" cutout to open up the rest of the way to redline.

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts
i wouldn't say an exhaust cutout is a waste of money as long as its used right. Having a 3" exhaust cutout on a stock or lightly built motor is beyond overkill and will only hurt performance but right now i'm actually trying to figure out a duel intake and dual style exhaust that will stage depending on engine rpms and power. Anyone ever think of doing something like this? I'm planning a mild build k24, shooting for 300/225. What i actually want to do is have my standard 05 type s exhaust be my first stage which i believe is 2.5" and is a good size for roughly 225-240 hp roughly and wherever that power point is on the rpm range have it electrically signal the 3" cutout to open up the rest of the way to redline.
2.1"

·
No.. No we no like you
1,483 Posts
No fuckin way the type s exhaust is 2.1". I measured mine before i put it on and it was 2.5". Stock one too not aftermarket. I have an 03 type s exhaust in my shed ill measure it tomorrow. 2.1" isn't even big enough for a 200 HP motor according to calculations.
No way in hell the 05 or the 02 is a 2.5 lolz

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts
Ill measure that shit tomorrow and let you know. Its probably somewhere in the middle.
Use the search button, its ID is 2.1" . Do you think lots of people would be spending $400 on a 60mm exhaust (2.36") if the stock one was already 2.5?

I had a 65mm HKS Hi Power (2.5") and the piping was WAY bigger than stock

·
No.. No we no like you
1,483 Posts
Use the search button, its ID is 2.1" . Do you think lots of people would be spending $400 on a 60mm exhaust (2.36") if the stock one was already 2.5?

I had a 65mm HKS Hi Power (2.5") and the piping was WAY bigger than stock
Exactly.. Amen.. Had a Rsx long enough to know its no where near a 2.5 lolz

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

21 - 40 of 40 Posts