Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a greddy turbo kit in my RSX and I started tuning it at the dyno and my best pass was 227whp and 170 wtq, with the kist installed I haven't raised boost or nothing. I just wanna know what air fuel ration are you people running and have you advance or retard the timing and at what points. I'm currently running 12.4:1 air fuel ratio

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
You need to take it to a shop that knows turbo systems.....If you are only putting down 227 you should probably open the exhaust out more....Hi-flow cat, 3in exhaust back, I wish i could tell you what my guys did when they tuned my car but i was to busy gazing at a Vette that was also in the shop putting down 700whp... :D

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Are you running stock exhaust? The only way I could see you putting down those numbers are with stock exhaust - go with a full 3 inch turboback with a test pipe and you should dyno around 270whp....the exhaust will free up alot of power

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
270whp with just 6psi of boost?? with kit greddy and 3 inch exhaust system I doubt it I have 227whp at 6psi of boost with 3 inch exhaust and 3 inch catalytic converter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can someone post the hp, TQ and air fuel ratio dyno graph? Are you advancind or retarding ignition timing on the e-manage??

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
you have to retard timing under boost....you don't want to advance the timing unless you are tuning for a higher octane rating.

The Greddy kit consitantly puts down around 260-275+ WHP with a full 3in testpipe and exhaust(turbo muffler) w/intercooler @ 8psi.

Do you have a intercooler?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup the one that came with the kit
can you tell me at what air fue ratios you used to put that kind of numbers cause my car is actually at 12.3:1

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
the GReddy FMIC does not come with the turbo kit...it is sold seperatly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man this forums sucks because at the subaru forum (nasioc.com) everyone is willing to help and answer questions based upon their own experience here it's not like that cause I know many of you knows how to tune the e-manage or have already some maps made

·
riiiiiiight
2,405 Posts
AntonioS said:
Man this forums sucks because at the subaru forum (nasioc.com) everyone is willing to help and answer questions based upon their own experience here it's not like that cause I know many of you knows how to tune the e-manage or have already some maps made
It's not that nobody wants to help, it's just that they don't have a specific a/f ratio they tuned to. Everyone just tunes it so it's rich all the time so there's no risk of detonation, there aren't many people (if any) on here that have tuned their a/f ratio for MAXIMUM power, because if they did that they'd be on the edge...

so it's not that nobody wants to help you, it's just that the only thing they can tell you is tune it so it doesn't detonate...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
you just need to tune it for more power .. most of us here use the profec e-01 for that since it works with the emanage. like nossy said, none of us have an exact a/f ratio for you to use, just need to get on a dyno and tune it. i have an Evo catback exhuast, profec tuning and thats all. i have 262whp 210tq at 9psi but thats because its rich for one, and exhaust for another.
rsxmanjoe - do you have 3" turboback? did anybody get a custom made 3" downpipe cause id ont see the point in exhuast if you still have a 2.5" downpipe??

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 3in custom exhaust, and the greddy downpipe is 3", anyways you guys have upgraded boost definetly because my car only gives 6.5 psi as stock boost.

I have a question, do the profec give you access to the original greddy program, or did you have to erase it and make a new one?

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
You can contact greddy for the Original Program. However they will not release the password which allows you to access what is stored in the Emanage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts