Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Quack Quack
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? I'm a total n00b when it comes to washing cars, because my family just uses the car wash at the gas station. I went out to Pep Boys and bought some microfiber cloths, Eagle One Wet Car Wash, and Wax as-u-dry. Seems a little too good to be true. Should I supplement with a true wax every now and again? I've been reading some very good things about Zaino on this forum. Where do I get it?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
the wax as you dry stuff is not like a "true" car wax. it does have wax in it, it just doesnt protect like real waxes. if you want to try zaino ask Homer2 to email you the guide to use zaino then go to www.zainobros.com and order what you need. it gives good results with good paint protection.

·
Quack Quack
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. I went ahead and cleaned it with the Eagle stuff. It looks pretty good, but if it doesn't protect like you say it doesn't, then it's really not worth a damn.

Attachments

·
KUSH MASTER
510 Posts
I USED EAGLE ONE SPRAY ON WAX EVERYTIME I WASH MY CAR. I THINK ITS WORKS REALLY WELL. I USE IT ONCE A WEEK AND MY PAINT ITS REALLY SMOOTH, BUT IT DOESNT COMPARE TO A WAX JOB.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Uh, did your Caps Lock key get stuck? :)

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
EternalBlue said:
Uh, did your Caps Lock key get stuck? :)
:dontknow:

I use Zip Wax car wash soap and it does help to maintain the cars looks a little, while making the wash painless. This is probably one of the only turtle wax products I would use:spin:

·
Stunnahood Co-Founder
2,531 Posts
Eagle wax as you dry is pretty cool stuff it definitely adds a little protection between real waxing. I use it after every single wash and I definitely think it has helped so it is definitely with the 5 bucks a month. Just wanted to add me 2 cents.
-Tony
Oh and buy the way get some meguires gold class car shampoo it is by far the best I have ever used!

·
Little engine that could
5,122 Posts
I sometimes use Eagle's wax as you dry after I wash. And then I'll use Meguire's Gold Class wax over that. Do you think its pointless to use the wax as you dry and then use Meguire's wax? I mean I'm going have to dry it anyways, before I wax.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I use Zymol, the stuff is great. First shampoo, then the wax. It leaves your car smelling better than a girl (or at least just like one). Its got some crazy ingedients in there like cocunut oils, and banana extracts and aloe vera and some other beauty crap. Also helps with swirl marks. Its a bit expensive but it'll leave your car looking like new again.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
pee-wee said:
:dontknow:

The previous poster posted in all CAPS. Hence, my comment. :p :eek: :spin:

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
ntwillie1 said:
I use Zymol, the stuff is great. First shampoo, then the wax. It leaves your car smelling better than a girl (or at least just like one). Its got some crazy ingedients in there like cocunut oils, and banana extracts and aloe vera and some other beauty crap. Also helps with swirl marks. Its a bit expensive but it'll leave your car looking like new again.
But you're not referring to a "wax as you dry" type thing, are you? I wasn't aware that Zymol carried such a product.

And to the original thread starter, the protection from this product won't be spectacular. If you want to try a quick wax that might leave a little more protection, try Stoner's Speed Bead. I find it's great for the winter when you don't want to be outside freezing your butt off buffing wax out. This stuff goes on quick, removes quick.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
wax as you dry stuff aint bad

paint comes out smoother and it looks very sharp

for the amount of time spent waxing and drying at the same time...duh...to the shine you get...not bad!

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
I've using Eagle 1 wax as you dry since it came out. Here's my take on it: It definitely provides at least some wax protection b/c the water beads up on my car after I use it. It also makes your car look freshly waxed when you don't have time to wax it. However, I still wax my car w/ Meguir's Gold Class several times a year. The Eagle 1 is great but I would not use it in place of a good Carnuba wax. I just don't think it will provide that kind of protection.

·
...it's too big
23,750 Posts
ntwillie1 said:
:iamwiths:

zymol isnt well known but it does give a great shine... and lasts a decent while... A lot of the old heads with muscle cars use this.

and yes it smells damn good :spin:

·
FEED ME!!!
8,776 Posts
could you still use it after you dry haha... since i love using the california water blade to dry my car then using big blue for the parts the i missed, this product wont work properly right?... did that question even make sence?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Rookie said:
I sometimes use Eagle's wax as you dry after I wash. And then I'll use Meguire's Gold Class wax over that. Do you think its pointless to use the wax as you dry and then use Meguire's wax? I mean I'm going have to dry it anyways, before I wax.
i believe it is pointless to use wax as you dry then meguires gold class wax.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts