Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the fogs working for about 3 months and all of a sudden they just stopped working. I've rewired it and tried it again, but still no luck. Can anyone tell me any causes for this problem?

·
Da Vinci's Predecessor
56 Posts
Question about fuses I can't find my fuse box lol sounds stupid but I have a Compustar alarm system 900series and I can't find my fuse box

·
R S X
189 Posts
so what are you doing to do.. BTW who did you buy from on Ebay? and was the fog switch in side the correct size and everything?
If you are gonna buy from ebay i would buy your fogs from seller: motorblvd
My fogs are awesome and he threw in a switch that is almost oem.
The switch looks oem but the light on it doesn't exactly match the color of the other oem switches...only off by a little bit not a huge deal...but great person to deal with...hope this helps

Reactions: Ktec

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
I loved my Ebay fogs

up until i found a gallon of water in them.....(NOT COOL IMO)

im just gonna buy a new set...and seal em up with silicon....

they are cheap enough that its worth it just to buy another pair..thats the good thing

·
Registered
978 Posts
it looks like your fuse didn't do what its suppose to do. which is blow out before melting everything. lucky nothing caught on fire.

·
WWJDMD?
1,477 Posts
it looks like your fuse didn't do what its suppose to do. which is blow out before melting everything. lucky nothing caught on fire.
Yea a fuse should not melt like that. Did you put in a bigger fuse at any point? Looks like the fuse might have been too big for the fogs and instead of blowing it started to overheat and melt. I say just wire in another inline fuse holder and put in a lower fuse.

·
Random Laos Guy
1,443 Posts
got mine from motorblvd and they're working great. might just be the wrong fuse amp rating. Mine is a 20A fuse

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
its suppose to be 15A

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm gonna save up for OEM fogs. The seller was trendgear. I followed the Acura OEM fog DIY. I guess it was just faulty wiring? But it still sucks..
mine were from trendgear also. no problem with them at all other than the plugs weren't the right one so they didn't fit the ones in the car. its not hard to make them fit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey man I know how you feel...I had the exact same problem but I didn't lose hope. All I did was just upgrade the fuse to a 15A fuse and that solved the issue forever. Again, I'm just telling you what worked for me. I checked out the entire system too and the fuse melting was the only problem. Just try it and see what happens...its worth the shot!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea a fuse should not melt like that. Did you put in a bigger fuse at any point? Looks like the fuse might have been too big for the fogs and instead of blowing it started to overheat and melt. I say just wire in another inline fuse holder and put in a lower fuse.
I didn't change fuses at all. I just put in with what the package came with.

mine were from trendgear also. no problem with them at all other than the plugs weren't the right one so they didn't fit the ones in the car. its not hard to make them fit.
Yeah i had the same prob. I just carved the little connectors and wrapped it in electircal tape so they wouldn't move. I still have no idea how the fuse melted though. :dontknow:.. My HIDs maybe?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I didn't change fuses at all. I just put in with what the package came with.

Yeah i had the same prob. I just carved the little connectors and wrapped it in electircal tape so they wouldn't move. I still have no idea how the fuse melted though. :dontknow:.. My HIDs maybe?
you prolly got a bad fuse that didn't do its job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts