Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm planning to swap my ECU with someone who has a reflash, and i was wondering; what could possibly go wrong with this? what am i risking? should i do it? my car has 30k miles. if his has more, will it read up on the odometer as more?

also some other questions;
when you buy a reflash from the CRSX store, it asks for your ECU serial no. why is this? would this be a problem if i bought a used reflash from someone on the boards?

is this to match the immobilizer and keys? because wouldn't that still have to be done at the dealership? and if do buy a used one and just swap ECUs with the person who has the reflash, then will i still need to go to hondata?

·
My torque is low like
12,935 Posts
so i'm planning to swap my ECU with someone who has a reflash, and i was wondering; what could possibly go wrong with this? what am i risking? should i do it? my car has 30k miles. if his has more, will it read up on the odometer as more?

also some other questions;
when you buy a reflash from the CRSX store, it asks for your ECU serial no. why is this? would this be a problem if i bought a used reflash from someone on the boards?

is this to match the immobilizer and keys? because wouldn't that still have to be done at the dealership? and if do buy a used one and just swap ECUs with the person who has the reflash, then will i still need to go to hondata?
You wont have any problems. Your miliage is stored on your dash. If you swap with someone you wont have anything to do with Hondata.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts