·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
commence.

·
Master Member
276 Posts
I have a 2004 type s and I have only got basic bolt on parts such as K&N Typhoon CAI, DC Sports Racing Header, DC Sports Exhaust, Ingalls engine torque damper. Then I have a 8 lb competition flywheel and competition stage 2 clutch. I do not want to spend $3,000-$4,000 for a turbo kit but want more power. I have been looking at K Pro for a while now but I dont know if it is worth it. I am just entering college and I wont be able to drive my car much since it will be at home. Is K Pro worth getting even if I dont have or plan on going forced induction? Also, if I did get it, how much hp/tq do you think it would give me?

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2004 type s and I have only got basic bolt on parts such as K&N Typhoon CAI, DC Sports Racing Header, DC Sports Exhaust, Ingalls engine torque damper. Then I have a 8 lb competition flywheel and competition stage 2 clutch. I do not want to spend $3,000-$4,000 for a turbo kit but want more power. I have been looking at K Pro for a while now but I dont know if it is worth it. I am just entering college and I wont be able to drive my car much since it will be at home. Is K Pro worth getting even if I dont have or plan on going forced induction? Also, if I did get it, how much hp/tq do you think it would give me?
1. buy k-pro
2. buy dry nitrous kit
3. only spend $1500 or so
4. ???
5. profit!

some people spend 1500 on a header+exhaust, or even just a header.

·
Master Member
276 Posts
1. buy k-pro
2. buy dry nitrous kit
3. only spend $1500 or so
4. ???
5. profit!

some people spend 1500 on a header+exhaust, or even just a header.
yea thats true. i was thinking about going nitrous but dont wanna blow my engine up. haha. but when you put it that way it probably is worth it

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah, nitrous isn't that bad. most of the people that have problems are the same people that over rev and lose their valvetrain or something like that. as long as you use something like a 50 or 75 shot it's not bad to keep safe with k-pro. you should start reading up in the nitrous section if you haven't already. btw, a dry shot isn't very complicated either.

·
lettuce be cereal
4,043 Posts
prollly a really newb question but i have an aftermarket alarm on my car along with the stock alarm... when i get the immobilizer reprogrammed i just need to do one for the stock alarm? i have a viper alarm

·
Master Member
276 Posts
ok another question. my car is idling very low (like 500 rpms) and my car shakes. it feels like it is about to stall. i let my dad drive it to see if he could figure it out and he stalled it on purpose but the car didn't jump or shake like a car usually does when it stalls. could this be something i could fix with kpro? can you set a rev where your car idles? and does anyone know what could be causing this low/rough idle?

·
Master Member
276 Posts
so if i get the kpro...is that legal? what i mean will i still pass the emmission check?
you can still pas emission but they say its only for off road use. its worth it though cause you can still keep your setup stock

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so im new to the whole ecu tuning thing.. What mods exactly do you need to put on your car to fully optomise the ablilities of this reflash
cold air intake and exhaust. you could be fine with a race header if you have an 02-04, still the chance of running a hair lean with it... with an 05-06 you run a good chance of running lean.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lean means more air than optimum compared to the amount of fuel... knock is detonation or pre-ignition in the cylinder. it's called knock because it makes a knocking or pinging sound. ever hear a funny sound coming from mid 90's ford v6's? i don't know why but they are so notorious for it. if you want a description of what detonation or pre-ignition is google it, it's an easy find, and i just don't feel like typing it out right now.

·
V engines are for Vginas
492 Posts
cold air intake and exhaust. you could be fine with a race header if you have an 02-04, still the chance of running a hair lean with it... with an 05-06 you run a good chance of running lean.
Thanks, i was thinkin you need all kinds of mods like ported intake, cams, injectors ect. so is it just the slight difference of engines between the 02-04 and the 05 - 06 that causes it to be a hair lean??

Lastly, What brand exhaust would you recommend on the basis of sound and performance

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
custom exhaust... have a muffler shop do the piping, and do a magnaflow, or hushpower resonator (there are different ones) and something like an apex ws2 muffler... the supercharged section is riddled with threads and posts about custom exhausts, search around there. i'm not much of an off the shelf exhaust person myself.

1 - 20 of 2009 Posts