Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

2001 - 2009 of 2009 Posts

·
NA Today
1,505 Posts
Thanks the info guys, I was going to go with Ktuner but I got one more question.

If you go with Hondata's K-Pro & I find a 02-04 ECU(Not sure how easy or hard this will be tbh), I'd be able to keep my original ECU laying around incase I'd want to re-use it if the car was to be sold or something along the lines? Does it work like that? Freely swapping out ecu's & going back to stock?

There was a big sale on Ktuner & Kpro last week I should have hopped on that Ktuner, would have saved a bit of money smh...

RN Ktuner would be 680, & KPro 1100 Canadian, currently too broke to buy anything for now. Had to cough up some cash here & there, and then go tot a shop to cut out seized lower bolts from my struts for the rear coilovers & then alignment
The major hiccup/hurdle/problem with having multiple ECU's is that you have to have them reprogrammed to your immobilizer to switch each time, no? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

If you really wanted Kpro you will need the ECU wiring harness adapter and the 02-04 primary oxygen sensor too
You can swap ECUs like that, but IronGumby is right in that the O2 sensor is supposed to be changed as well.

The immobilizer is not so much of an issue. With Kpro you can just disable the immobilizer. That sounds like a security issue, but from what I've seen it's pretty easy for thieves to get past the immobilizer anyway. My RSX was stolen with the immobilizer ENABLED and I was lucky enough to get the vehicle back in mostly one piece. Now the immobilizer is disabled, but I don't care because I have a real security system on the car now.

So you could just leave the immobilizer programmed to your original 05-06 ECU and if you ever decide to put that back in you will have the immobilizer still compatible and enabled with that ECU

·
yeah dog!
1,393 Posts
hey guys i downloaded a kpro kal from my rsx from a tune i got a while back because i saw that my mil light was lighting up signaling that im getting knocks. but when i go to the ignition tables the cam angle box is grayed out so it wont let me adjust my ignition from cam angles 0-50 degrees.

when i load up a kal that comes with kpro, the box isnt grayed out and i can select different cam angles. is it locked or something? why cant i select my cam angles from this calibration i downloaded off my ecu? thanks

·
Registered
817 Posts
hey guys i downloaded a kpro kal from my rsx from a tune i got a while back because i saw that my mil light was lighting up signaling that im getting knocks. but when i go to the ignition tables the cam angle box is grayed out so it wont let me adjust my ignition from cam angles 0-50 degrees.

when i load up a kal that comes with kpro, the box isnt grayed out and i can select different cam angles. is it locked or something? why cant i select my cam angles from this calibration i downloaded off my ecu? thanks
It sounds like your tuner locked the file to prevent anyone from editing or copying his work. Think of it as a protection against copyright infringement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hope im in the right page to post for help, i have ktuner installed in my 05 rsx and i installed a turbo and am in the process of trying to tune the car myself for boost. My main question right now is how do i calibrate or get ktuner to read a different map sensor aside from the stock one. I have a 3 bar map sensor and i cant find any options to calibrate it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hope im in the right page to post for help, i have ktuner installed in my 05 rsx and i installed a turbo and am in the process of trying to tune the car myself for boost. My main question right now is how do i calibrate or get ktuner to read a different map sensor aside from the stock one. I have a 3 bar map sensor and i cant find any options to calibrate it.
I would email ktuner directly. They're typically pretty quick with responses. I don't see any option to calibrate a sensor under the "MAP sensor" tab, just has the OEM sensor, and Omnipower 4 bar sensor listed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would email ktuner directly. They're typically pretty quick with responses. I don't see any option to calibrate a sensor under the "MAP sensor" tab, just has the OEM sensor, and Omnipower 4 bar sensor listed.
ive been staring at the program for over 2 days and researching and i cant even seem to find the "map senor" tab. im running the latest version of ktuner on my pc. where can i find that tab?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You would think that all the options would be available no matter what tune you chose to start off with right lmao. That helped me out so much. Thanks times 1 million.

2001 - 2009 of 2009 Posts