Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, ED has Hired a new installer and is at the point now where an RSX Side Mount box is a feasable product for them as they further develop the VS (Vehicle Specific) line of products. Here is what was posted today on ICIX:

Locotony said:
Congrats Ben #2 Now Maybe we can get the RSX side mount box instead of all this stuff for the slow poke Scions
ED Tech said:
We've been hunting for a RSX for months and months with absolutely zero luck. We're at the point now where it is feasable to do it. We just can't get the car
Locotony said:
I'll get on the Club RSX Guys on this and have them get in touch with Alex or Chris
So, If there is anyone around or near Newton, IA (about 30 miles form Des Moines IIRC) Get in touch with Chris or Alex at ED to setup a time to do some measuring and Mock up work and we may finally see a quality Side mount box for the RSX. ED's # is 641.792.2501

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
I will be down towards Des Moines in the next month or so...how long will he need the car?

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lightning807 it will probably be more like the mdf box only built from other materials than mdf and built to handle a 12 or 10 (preferably a 13Av.2 :D )

Hey guys.

We would need the car for atleast 1 day, and that will not allow us to do much.

I would say 2 days would be better suited.

We have 2-3 RSX's in town, and have spoke with every owner, yet they never come in when they say they will.
Alex find if you see them find out who they are (screen names) or if they are on Club RSX and I'll get my Posse on them to get over there. I Can be Convincing when needed and know a few other that can push.

Reactions: DC5speed

·
Master Member
1,855 Posts
lightning807 it will probably be more like the mdf box only built from other materials than mdf and built to handle a 12 or 10 (preferably a 13Av.2 :D )
That would be awesome, and probably a lot cheaper which is always good. I've been thinking about getting a 13 Kv in the summer. Just curious, what else would they use to build the box?

good luck getting the 13Av.2 to fit in the corner lol

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be awesome, and probably a lot cheaper which is always good. I've been thinking about getting a 13 Kv in the summer. Just curious, what else would they use to build the box?

good luck getting the 13Av.2 to fit in the corner lol
Well If I do 13Av.2's It will be a pair off 2 Nine.1's strapped as a Single one won't out do the 19Ov.2. I am sure the side mount will be made to fit the Ov.2/Kv.2 line as the airspace they require is near the norm fo a lot of subs these days.

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well we still need to find the guys in the area and get them over there. If Nothing else they will probably get the prototype at cost.

·
61 ci now
3,335 Posts
thats crazy, if I lived anywhere near there I would lend my car for whatever it would take. I want to get my eD sub back in my rsx, just haven't had time to build a box. I would definitely buy one in a heartbeat though!

·
bad mother f*cker
445 Posts
I would love to let you guys use my rsx but it will be hard for me to get there for two days as it is a long drive.

Reactions: Locotony

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
I would love to let you guys use my rsx but it will be hard for me to get there for two days as it is a long drive.
agreed...I could let them have mine when I am going to be down there if is a few hours or even up to5 or 6 hours...but all day or even 2...I dont think so

·
Knockin' Bitches Over
79,530 Posts
i woudnt mind letting them use my car, i have another car i use, its just to get it there is the bitch. i mean i can drive down there, and chill there for a few days. i do need a vacation lol.

·
Knockin' Bitches Over
79,530 Posts
well i talked to alex, and if the guy from des moines doesnt pull through, looks like i will be the lucky guy.

count me in alex, spoke to the wife, and she is ok with it lol. so as soon as you want me over there, i will. it will be great on a sunday, if anything next sunday. i can leave it for a week, so you can take your time on it and everything. i have my beater car to get me through the week.

1 - 20 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.