Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi..
i have buy a plx devices EGT and i weld it on my race header N°3 cil...
but what temperature in WOT i can have??
more tuners says 850 °c max for boost engine..
Anyone have it??

·
Banned
1,123 Posts

·
Mostly stock, Mostly
1,980 Posts

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
Holy shit! Would it be worth wrapping those pipes, Simon?
well, you could, but what with is another debate, all the stuff I have used before just won't cope with these sort of temps, and if you do find something that can stand it, the pipes will only get hotter.

I have to say, I worries me when I see turbo installs in Civic's/Rsx's etc with the pipes right next to the cam cover/bulkhead etc, how long before they would melt though or set fire to something?

for the road cars, we use Nimbus heat shielding just about everywhere, but whist it's really good stuff, you still have to consider where the heat is going to end up...

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
Wow...cool vid!

Thx for sharing

·
0 Posts
well, you could, but what with is another debate, all the stuff I have used before just won't cope with these sort of temps, and if you do find something that can stand it, the pipes will only get hotter.

I have to say, I worries me when I see turbo installs in Civic's/Rsx's etc with the pipes right next to the cam cover/bulkhead etc, how long before they would melt though or set fire to something?

for the road cars, we use Nimbus heat shielding just about everywhere, but whist it's really good stuff, you still have to consider where the heat is going to end up...
I think the reason why they can get away with it is that most high-horsepower cars around here only generate that kind of exhaust heat on the dyno or during ricer street encounters, which is different that a real racing application. I do think that many would melt if they were run as hard as yours.

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
cant we all just look at Mag's history to know that the turbo's have a danger of fire?

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
@scuffers

are the egt's in all cylinders about the same on rsx jrsc'd k20's?
they vary a bit, the EP3 JRSC's are really bad, cyl 2 is usually some 50-60C hotter than the others, DC5 one is not so bad, usually only~10-20C spread, usually Cyl 1 is the coldest, 2&3 the hottest and 4 somewhere inbetween (assuming the exhaust is balanced etc.)

I think the reason why they can get away with it is that most high-horsepower cars around here only generate that kind of exhaust heat on the dyno or during ricer street encounters, which is different that a real racing application. I do think that many would melt if they were run as hard as yours.
Guess so, how hot can it get in 10 sec's?

(really not into this ¼mile stuff....)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice thread :)
i have datalog today my egt in 3 cyl,4 th gear at WOT and i don't see over 590 °C with 11.6 afr WOT...it's too low??
I have a issue with my egt..i want to put the output signal of my egt controller to the Kpro..hondata say to me use the ELD voltage pin (E15).!
Ok i have cut the old ELD voltage wire and next welded my output egt to the ecu (E15 pin)..
but with the ignition On i have a Eld in datalog of 1.20 volts..i start the car and this increase but...1.20 is too high...i have measured the output of my egt controller with egt sonde cold and i have abou 0.3 v...why this difference???
I do play with offset ELD input in the kmanager??

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
nice thread :)
i have datalog today my egt in 3 cyl,4 th gear at WOT and i don't see over 590 °C with 11.6 afr WOT...it's too low??
I have a issue with my egt..i want to put the output signal of my egt controller to the Kpro..hondata say to me use the ELD voltage pin (E15).!
Ok i have cut the old ELD voltage wire and next welded my output egt to the ecu (E15 pin)..
but with the ignition On i have a Eld in datalog of 1.20 volts..i start the car and this increase but...1.20 is too high...i have measured the output of my egt controller with egt sonde cold and i have abou 0.3 v...why this difference???
I do play with offset ELD input in the kmanager??
the ELD input is pulled high (~5v) internally, whatever you connect to it must be able to pull it down to the (output) voltage of the device.

if it can't (and your looks to have this issue) you could try putting a resistor across it to ground, I would suggest you start with 1K.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i don't understand..can you explain it to me??
where and how i put the resistor??
between the eld pin and the ground??

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Scuffers i have try today a datalog on 5 gear WOT from 2000 to rev limit and my max exhaust temp was 650 °C..too low??
Is possible i have too ignition and i burn the fuel when the pistons go to the TDC??
From you experience...less ignition = more exhaust temp???

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this not false my egt signal output to the ecu??
i have try today another datalog and max i see 650°c wot...i can play with less ignition for see high exhaust temperature??i have try with less fuel and now i have 12.0 wot..but the temperature are low!

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
this not false my egt signal output to the ecu??
i have try today another datalog and max i see 650°c wot...i can play with less ignition for see high exhaust temperature??i have try with less fuel and now i have 12.0 wot..but the temperature are low!
not sure I understand your first sentence?

temp depends on a lot of things, can you add some detail?

AIT?
Boost?
pulley ratio
fuel
Ignition timming
A/F's
Cam advance
etc...

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
question,

where is the EGT probe? (picture)

also, how confident are you of it's accuracy and speed?

also, 7 sec's is a mighty fast 'run' for datalogging, make it more like 25-30 sec's and the senders have more time to react.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts