Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how good those electric buffers are for taking off the wax and for polishing? I'm thinking about buying one ($25.00 at Home Depot), but I'm not so sure if it can damage the paint.

Thanks -

·
Registered
173 Posts
I always had good experiences with my electric buffer. It makes waxing and polishing alot easier. I haven't tried it on my black car though...my last two cars were white. Anyone try it on a black car yet?

·
Banned
9 Posts
I have not used my buffer on my black rsx yet but my wife's car is pretty dark and it looked damn good when I got done. Just to be perfect, I went over some areas by hand to make sure any residue was gone. I plan on using it without a doubt - saves hours per wax.

·
Registered
44 Posts
An electirc buffer can get the job done better and faster in the hands of a skilled person. However if you have never used one before, you might damage the paint instead, therefore I suggest you get some practice first.

Unless you wax and polish your car often, and need to get the job done faster, I suggest you stick with using your hands to remove wax and polish.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since I only have 1 car, what would be a good way to practise? What is the secret to not damaging the paint? Should I just not apply too much pressure to it? Or should I move the buffer around constantly?

Thanks -

·
Registered
3 Posts
For your brand new car, spring for an orbital polisher. The orbiting head will keep you from burning the paint off. If your paint is in good condition, and you're using a quality wax you don't need the high speed buffing action.
The orbital will help you get the dried wax off a good deal quicker, unless you're looking to learn karate to defend yourself and get the girl! If that's the case better stick with the tride and true wax on- wax off!

Peace!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts