Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bwhahahahaha
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. i am going back to Hong Kong this summer and wanted to know if all I need to use my electrical chargers are to buy an adapter or if i needed a Converter.... I looked on google.. and saw explainations but I am still uncertain .... (rite now i think i need a converter.. but correct me if i am wrong)

anyways.... here are the specs that i found

North America (where we are) = 120v, 60mhz

Hong Kong = 220v, 50 mhz

I know that the things that i got from HK can be used here with an adapter (such as a laptop charger) but i think that is because we have a lower voltage than them, but since Hong Kong has a higher voltage laptop chargers here cannot be used in Hong Kong with just an adapter .... but need a converter.... that is what i think .. donno if i am right..

thanks for the help...

·
Love ///My new car
2,725 Posts
i dunno about wall plugs, sorry. but you could, as a back up, buy one of those converters for your car to run 120v off the cig lighter and run basic nessecities off of that until you find something over there if you can't find it over here

·
Bwhahahahaha
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dunno about wall plugs, sorry. but you could, as a back up, buy one of those converters for your car to run 120v off the cig lighter and run basic nessecities off of that until you find something over there if you can't find it over here
thanx for the advice, but no car in HK :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts