Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
will do, also i know this thread has nothing to do with an ap2 cluster in an 05 rsx, but does dakota digital make a speed converter to runs the ap2 clust, because i have my eps, and i have my s200 ap2 cluster, and i want both of these options

·
Been there & gone back
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The Dakota Digital WORKS!

I just got done swapping out the Hybrid for the Dakota and all is well. I was able to calibrate my speed perfectly! I like it! 78 bucks versus 200 you just cant beat it. And you are able to calibrate your speed.

I will postup the wiring diagram and misc info need to run this thing later this week. I am giving the specs to Justin who will make a wiring diagram like he did for the Hybrid setup.

Life is good. :)

·
Registered
821 Posts

I just got done swapping out the Hybrid for the Dakota and all is well. I was able to calibrate my speed perfectly! I like it! 78 bucks versus 200 you just cant beat it. And you are able to calibrate your speed.

I will postup the wiring diagram and misc info need to run this thing later this week. I am giving the specs to Justin who will make a wiring diagram like he did for the Hybrid setup.

will the Dakota Digital work to get my ap2 cluster to work in my 05 type s along with my eps?

·
¡Yo quiero Twin Screw!
1,974 Posts

:run::run::woohoo::woohoo::schwing::schwing::rclap::w00t::drool::lift::leghump::spin::drink::laughing:

·
Been there & gone back
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
will the Dakota Digital work to get my ap2 cluster to work in my 05 type s along with my eps?
I think Justin will have to chime in since he has a s2000 but I believe it takes a high frequency signal. With that said you would not want to send it a low frequency signal which is what the Dakota Digital would do. What I would do if this is the case is to send the vss signal from the transmission to two places. One through the Dakota Digital and one to the ECU. The ECU will send the correct high frequency signal to the guage cluster (with 05-06 option checked in KPro). This is true if the high frequency going from the ECU is the same high frequency used by the cluster The signal going to the Digital Dakota could then be sent directly to the BCU on the EPS rack.

Justin can confirm though since he had KPro for his S2000 before Hondata ever got around to getting it done.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'm not familiar with the frequency of the S2K gauge cluster, however, since I had to check the countershaft speed sensor option in Kpro I am assuming it is high frequency. Now the issue with that on the 05 RSX is that it usually sends low frequency to the gauge not high frequency.

It would be possible to run both from a single ecu, but first you need to install the gauge cluster and figure out if allowing a high frequency signal to go to the harness from the ecu will cause issues.

Basically it will be a bit more difficult to do, but it can be done. Will just have to try out a couple different scenarios in order to get the end result you need.

·
12.3 @ 114 mph
1,803 Posts
man every time i read this thread..I feel like a crying baby lol. EPS > Me

·
Been there & gone back
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=591847&highlight=gauge+cluster

You can use this speedo-healer for the s2k cluster....:D

Back on topic..;)
There you go that will get it done. Then you can use the Dakota Digital for the signal to the BCU on the rack.

Justin made a valuable point which I missed and that is the RSX cluster is low frequency anyway. Good point Justin :thumbsup:

Either way the answer is YES you can do this no problem its all about how you want to wire it up.

·
12.3 @ 114 mph
1,803 Posts
You either have it wired up wrong, bad BCU, or motor on the rack. I think it is wiring or bad BCU. I would really like to see you get yours working because it is very nice.
if i wired wrong, the speedo wouldnt work though? my speedo does work when i uncheck the 05 speed sensor option. i'll send both of the BCU to you asap so you could test it out. i've been busy.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
if i wired wrong, the speedo wouldnt work though? my speedo does work when i uncheck the 05 speed sensor option. i'll send both of the BCU to you asap so you could test it out. i've been busy.
haha..there is no way Thomas wants to get in there and try to unplug that BCU...it is safely tucked inside the passenger side dash

·
12.3 @ 114 mph
1,803 Posts
:run:
haha..there is no way Thomas wants to get in there and try to unplug that BCU...it is safely tucked inside the passenger side dash
oh damn it! lol. :mad:. another BCU...another $280...:thumbsdow

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
No cause I haven't made it yet.

·
Been there & gone back
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Tmartin, do you have the wiring diagram for the Dakota Digital yet? Thanks
No cause I haven't made it yet.
Yeah Justin is being slow on us :) Seriously though it is so easy. Its identical to the Hybrid except that you have one additional ground for the unit itself. Thats it. Follow my instructions for the dip switched and you will be good.

·
above status quo
2,399 Posts
Thanks for the investigative work on the Dakota Digital unit Justin/Thomas, good to see an alternative at a cheaper price.

Can't wait to have mine operational.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts