Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why would the cars rpm’s drop really low(500) and shakes the car bad when I go in reverse with my AC on? I’ve replaced the IACV & cleaned it multiple times, not that.

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
Thank you! I’ll definitely give that a look over
your welcome, I hope I am correct. Do you have symptoms where pressing on the throttle the rpm's rise up without the engine accelerating for a sec or two..? Meaning the rpms go up almost 1,000rpm's then drops down and the acceleration resumes.?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your welcome, I hope I am correct. Do you have symptoms where pressing on the throttle the rpm's rise up without the engine accelerating for a sec or two..? Meaning the rpms go up almost 1,000rpm's then drops down and the acceleration resumes.?
All the time and it feels like it shifts gears when it’s not suppose to, sometimes seems like the engine works harder to get up to speeds. I’ll get a multimeter and test that TPS.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes sometimes it seems like it shifts when it’s not suppose to and the motor works harder to accelerate. I’m also dealing with a EVAP issue. I’ve replaced all parts of the EVAP system but it’s still throwing the code after 300 miles

·
Super Moderator
1,923 Posts
My car has done this for as long as I've had it, less when I had DIY ground wires in addition to the factory ground straps. If you have no vacuum leaks, this is a normal drop in voltage that you're experiencing. It's the same thing you experience when you use your headlights or window switch. The shaking from the A/C is normal though. If it's really bad, you should check out your mounts.

Your shift points are based on multiple variables, not just the tps. You can't really determine whether it's the wrong time or not. The shift indicator would flash if the ECU detects an anomaly. A delayed shift could be as simple as needing a fluid change, but erratic shifting and fluctuating rpms upon acceleration typically means the trans is slipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts