Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mods are in my profile. Ever since I got my alignment optimized, the car has been handling great, but I want to fight the remaining understeer. I've heard that a lot of people using the thinner EM2 bar. How much thinner is it from an RSX-S front sway bar? I think that it has no clearance issues, with any of the header options. I really don't want a thicker rear sway, because I don't want to induce oversteer in daily driving. Will having a thinner front sway cause the same effect? It's not a very costly bar, but I am wondering how much it will help. All discussion will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks!

·
7,611 Posts
Not sure anymore which of the two EM2 bars is the 14.9.

Careful, there were two EM2 front sways, one of which is the same (or nearly the same) as RSX OEM bar.

TheHondaPartsStore.com doesn't list the "spring" size, the other online Honda dealers probably don't either.

I doubt I still have the receipt with the part no......

Edit - this one is the 25 - 51300-S5D-A11 SPRING, FR. STABILIZER (25.4MMX4.5)

Don't get that one. Get the one without the size indicated in the description, LOL.

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
I installed a EM2 to fit with my BCRH. Car handled like shit until I tossed on a 24mm rear sway. That evened things out.
Handled like shit isn't all that descriptive... could you be more precise and explain what the car started doing that you didn't like?

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
I installed a EM2 to fit with my BCRH. Car handled like shit until I tossed on a 24mm rear sway. That evened things out.
"Handled Like shit" isnt very descriptive. Could you be more precise and describe what the car started to do or stopped doing that you didn't like?

dudelikeduck, remember if you do go with the softer front bar you may need to increase you static negitive camber on the nose.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
the 15.9mm fsb does not fit w/ the DCRH, I already tried it. However, it will fit any JDM header combo you have.

If you have a decent set of coilovers, why even have a FSB? I ran without mine for months.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
after i got my EM2 25.4mm front sway, the car is more understeering....so i upgraded my rear sway to DC5-R 22mm one to try to even that out
it does work good, but i think i can get a bigger one
or umm....put more bars at the back
lol

·
Cruise Control
510 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't meaning to be descriptive, just makin a point. To be precise, the stiffer Em2 made my front end react much faster than my rear in sharp cornering. It felt like my rear was lagging, which made it feel unpredictable. With the stiffer progress bar, my front and rear react in unison.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think a lot of ppl get confused and get wrong EM2 front sway bar...

If I understand it correctly
25.4 is not the one you want, 15.9mm one is the one that is smaller than stock DC5/EP3 FSB and will soften the front and therefore increase the traction...

·
7,611 Posts
I think a lot of ppl get confused and get wrong EM2 front sway bar...

If I understand it correctly
25.4 is not the one you want, 15.9mm one is the one that is smaller than stock DC5/EP3 FSB and will soften the front and therefore increase the traction...
:iamwiths: Esp. since Honda switched it up at some point during the EM2's life.......and only one of the two bars (as listed on their parts diagram) gives the actual dimension.

·
Opakracing
4,765 Posts
I have the 24mm em2 front sway, to replace my FAT Toda front sway. THE 15.9 is to small and would induce to much snap over steer for my road course aplication, i would have allready installed the EM2 24 MM sway, but i cant get it on from up under the car on jackstand, i believe my header is going to have to be dropped...

1 - 20 of 194 Posts